I can't open the 1password because it says that it is damaged. Should I delete it!!!????

Options
Hornsten
Hornsten
Community Member

It was purchased through agilebits, not the mac app store.
It was installed on April 18, 2015. I do not know the version and can't get to it.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:check-app-version

Comments

• Hornsten
    Hornsten
    Community Member
    Options

Mac OSX el capitan

• Hornsten
    Hornsten
    Community Member
    Options

If I delete 1 password. will I lose all my info entered?
    Is there another solution?

• Hi @Hornstien,

Thanks for writing in to report this to us. Deleting and reinstalling the app is 100% safe — your info will not be harmed.

The error you're seeing is likely related to an issue currently affecting lots of apps in the App Store:
    http://www.macrumors.com/2015/11/12/mac-app-store-apps-damaged-expired-receipts-issue/

For some users deleting and reinstalling the app has fixed the issue. For others, singing out and back into the App Store has helped. Please let us know if either of these solutions work for you!

Cheers,
    -Mitch

• stansumich
    stansumich
    Community Member
    Options

I am have the same problem on my iMac, but not on my iPad or iPhone When you sign into the App Store, it requires you pay the full price of the app rather than being able to re-download it.

OS Version: Yosemite 10.10.5
    Purchased on Apple App Store 4/9/15

• Hornsten
    Hornsten
    Community Member
    Options

Version purchased on April 18, 2015 on my mac OS updated to el capital. 1password damaged.
    Need copies of licenses and instructions on how to download updated version of 1 password
    PLEASE! OS 11.11.1 sync -icloud Don't know version of 1password -can't reach. 1password
    working fine on my phone and ipad.

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided
    Referrer: forum-search:1password damaged on mac. I deleted app as instructed. Need copies of licenses and way to reinstat

• Hornsten
    Hornsten
    Community Member
    Options

ipassword was purchased at agilebits.store, not apple app store.

• Hornsten
    Hornsten
    Community Member
    edited November 2015
    Options

please reply to [email deleted]

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    edited November 2015
    Options

@Hornsten I have deleted your email address in your last post. This is a public forum and you really don't want to expose it here.

If you're certain you bought from the AgileBits store and not from the Mac App Store you can simply re-install 1P from the AgileBits store. However, before you do that it's crucial you tell us what version of 1P you are running. You can find out by going to your Applications folder in Finder, right clicking on the 1Password app and choosing Get Info from the context menu.

If it turns out to be 1P4 or 1P5, as I suspect will be the case, please try this:

1. Drag the 1P app to the trash (don't use any app cleaner tool, which is likely to try to delete files you need to keep).
    2. Empty the trash and reboot.
    3. Re-download and re-install 1P.

So long as you follow those instructions that will not affect your 1P data. Note you should download from the place you originally bought 1P (the Mac App Store or the AgileBits store).

Stephen

Stephen

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @stansumich,

I believe our new sticky, Mac App Store: App damaged / prompted for Apple ID applies to your case and no, you certainly shouldn't be charged again. Please let us know if this doesn't help at all and if you're still having trouble.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Hornsten,

I noticed you opened two different discussions about the same problem, so I've merged them into the same thread to avoid confusion. I hope you don't mind!

Now, you seem very certain that you're using the AgileBits Store version of 1Password, and not the Mac App Store version. From the information you've given us about the problem, it does sound like the problem many others have been reporting with the Mac App Store version, which is why we've been sending you a link to this forum announcement. But even if you can't open the app, there's an easy way to tell which one is installed on your Mac, and that is to check the name of the 1Password app. If the name is 1Password.app, it's the Mac App Store version. If the name is 1Password 5.app, it's the AgileBits Store version.

In either case, the suggestions the others here have given you should solve the problem. I do hope it all works out well and that you're able to solve the problem, but if you are still running into trouble trying to open 1Password, please let us know the exact error message you see. Thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.