Download

Options
zaratian1
zaratian1
Community Member

My 1Password works great. I have all my data on my Apple iPhone version 4.0.2. I would like to safely download to a thumb drive via my Windows 10 PC....without ever getting online. In fact, I want to disconnect the modem when I do this. Yeah, I'm paranoid. This would be my manual back-up. And of course, should I lose the iPhone, how do I view the thumbdrive contents? Thanking you in advance and apologizing for my inability to follow your "How To" support programs.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: ug:mac/sync-wi-fi, ug:mac/sync-folder, ug:mac/sync-wi-fi, kb:how-safe-is-cloud-sync, kb:ios-itunes-backups

Comments

• Hey @zaratian1,

That's certainly a unique scenario. The answer is going to be a bit complicated, since you want to disconnect your modem. I'll need a bit more info before I can provide a definitive solution. Let's take this one thing at a time.

I have all my data on my Apple iPhone version 4.0.2.

First off, 1Password 4.0.2 is a rather old version of the app. You should look into upgrading to the latest version to get the latest set of features and ensure things continue working properly. It's a free update, and the app is currently at version 6 so you'll get lots of awesome new stuff. It does require iOS 9, though.

I would like to safely download to a thumb drive via my Windows 10 PC....without ever getting online.

It sounds like you want to keep a copy of your data on a thumb drive in addition to having it on your iPhone. If that's the case, you can manually make a backup of your data and move it to the thumb drive via iTunes. Here's how:

Creating and restoring 1Password backups in iTunes

An alternative would be to sync 1Password on your iPhone with your computer via WiFi, which would not go over the Internet at all. The only problem is, if you don't have a router in addition to your modem, disconnecting that would eliminate an easy way to do this. If you do decide to take this route, it will require having a copy of 1Password for Windows. You may already have one, but I looked for licenses associated with the email address you used to sign up here and wasn't able to find anything. That's okay – if you decide you'd like to take this route, head over here to get a copy of the Windows app. Then follow this guide to set up WiFi syncing on the Windows side and this one to do it on the iOS side.

And of course, should I lose the iPhone, how do I view the thumbdrive contents?

That's where things get a bit complicated. The info above about WiFi syncing may be very helpful for this. It will allow you to access your data on your computer in addition to having the copy of 1Password on your iPhone. Of course, if you'd prefer to use a different route, there is 1PasswordAnywhere. It's an older tool, but it still works very well. You can use it to access your passwords on any computer. The only downside is to set it up from iOS, you have to use Dropbox sync. You can, of course, set it up on the Windows side if you have the Windows app. I'm explaining it rather well, but our full guide to 1PasswordAnywhere is much better I assure you. :)

Hope that answers all your questions. If you have any others, feel free to let us know.

This discussion has been closed.