3rd Party Integrations with Teams Vaults

Options
Coop
Coop
Community Member

Hi,

Will it be or is it currently possible to export Team vaults to 3rd party apps? I'm trying to use it with Alfred after moving all my passwords to a Team vault, but it's not detecting it in Alfred and using my "Primary Vault" which is empty instead. Does it sync anywhere where I could make Alfred look for it manually?

Cheers,
Ed

1Password Version: 5.5 b22
Extension Version: 4.5.0.2
OS Version: 10.11.1
Sync Type: Teams

Comments

• ag_kevin
    edited March 2016
    Options

Hi @Coop ,

Currently 3rd Party Integration is limited to items in the primary vault. The feature exports your item titles and URLs to a file on your disk that Alfred and other apps know where to load it from.

With the advent of 1Password for Teams, I can certainly see the need to reconsider the feature being limited to the primary vault. I'll pass your question on as a request to the development team to enable 3rd party integration on 1Password for Teams vaults.

Regards,
    Kevin

ref: OPM-3638

• Coop
    Coop
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Kevin.

• Glad to help!

• sddinabq
    sddinabq
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I'm running 1Password 6.0.1 (601003) and still only seeing login items from the Primary Vault appear in my bookmarks-default.json file. Any progress toward exporting login items from other vaults. I'm especially interested in export from team vaults since I've converted to using only team vaults. Thanks!

• Hello @sddinabq,

No, we have not made any progress on extending our Alfred and other 3rd party apps support yet. It's been since November, so it sounds like a lot of time has passed, but this blog post shows that we haven't had any idle time :)

Update on 1Password for Teams

In addition to being busy, I'm not exactly sure how this will work yet. Do we simply export everything that's listed in All Vaults into the bookmarks-default.json file, or do we have a separate file per vault? There's some pros and cons to both approaches and we'll have to see what would work best.

I'm beating the drum to get the beta finished so I doubt we'll be adding this in the short term. With that said, I'm an avid Alfred user, so this will be something we figure out at some point as I want it for myself. I just don't know when :)

Take care,

++dave;

• sddinabq
    sddinabq
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the quick reply! I certainly understand the challenge and will forward to seeing this capability added back when you have the chance to sort it all out!

-Steve

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Absolutely! Thanks for letting us know that adding this feature is important to you. :)

• boonshin
    boonshin
    Community Member
    Options

Just want to comment that this feature is very important to me as well. I have gotten so used to launching websites in this manner that now I feel I'm handicapped. Please help to look into implementing it. Thank you!

• Jacob
    Options

@boonshin Thanks for checking in. I've let our development team know about your interest. :) Let us know if you have any other questions!

• refres319
    refres319
    Community Member
    Options

Just a bump for this feature. Signed up for 1password Families this morning and the broken Alfred integration for shared vaults is making me want to switch back. Can't wait for it to be fixed! Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sorry for the inconvenience! Thanks for letting us know you want to be able to use Alfred with 1Password for Families too!

• lukeabell
    lukeabell
    Community Member
    Options

+1 on this feature! Really missing it with Alfred.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I hope we'll be able to add this feature for 1Password Teams soon as well. Cheers! :)

• sddinabq
    sddinabq
    Community Member
    Options

Another bump from me! Am I allowed to vote twice? ;-) I'm completely hooked on 1password for teams. And Alfred too. Thanks!

• Jacob
    Options

Haha, you can vote twice. Thanks for checking in.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I think that means penderworth doesn't get a vote now. :p

• Scott W
    Scott W
    Community Member
    Options

1Passwords for Teams is the only way to fly for our crew but the missing Alfred integration has me down personally. When you team can squeeze this one in it is a big one for me.

In response to Dave's question from a family perspective my vote would be that there is at least an All Vaults option. Given the way I have strucutred the vaults for my family (my stuff, stuff for my wife and I, stuff for the whole family), it is important that I see across all Vaults for bookmarks. That being said, it would seem that both could be done. Then the third parties could integrate as they see fit and it would not break anything for current Alfred (or other products) users.

So +1 from me!

• Jacob
    Options

I'm glad to hear everything else about Teams has you thrilled @Scott W. I added your vote for this as well. :) Hopefully we have something for you soon.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for your vote, and the comments too! It definitely helps to get a sense for how different people like use the integration. :)

• mikeormerod
    mikeormerod
    Community Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

+1 from me. I just set up a new MBPro and as a previous 1P regular user to suddenly find Alfred integration not working is a big pain. Can I create a primary vault on the new MBPro using Teams so the integration would work? Or could I export the json file? In terms of Dave's question, I'd vote for All-Vaults.

• Jacob
    Options

@mikeormerod Sorry about that. You can create a Primary vault if you'd like, but Alfred integration still won't work on your Teams vaults because the functionality isn't supported there yet. If you do want to create a Primary vault all the same, just launch 1Password, click the 1Password menu, and click Preferences. Then switch to the Advanced tab and click Enable Personal Vaults. I'll add your vote for this. Thanks for the interest. :)

• kdawgwilk
    kdawgwilk
    Community Member
    Options

I was super excited when I saw the 1Password integration with Alfred but then when I had troubles setting it up I came across this thread and realized I was using 1Password teams and figured I would add my vote to the list

+1

• lazyguru
    lazyguru
    Community Member
    Options

+1 from me for Family vaults as well

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the votes! It's still early and enabling integration is more complex with 1Password Teams/Families data, but we're optimistic. :)

• Domvl
    Domvl
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for me too :-)

• Jacob
    Options

Thanks! :)

• pvantees
    pvantees
    Community Member
    Options

+5 for me (and the family)!

• Jacob
    Options

Thank you pvantees!

• henkisdabro
    henkisdabro
    Community Member
    Options

Certainly a +1 for this feature from me too. Alfred + 1PasswordTeams! Any updates on the roadmap of this yet?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Nothing to share yet, but it's definitely on our list of enhancements we'd like to add!

This discussion has been closed.