force iCloud sync ?

acody
acody
Community Member

why is there no 'force sync' button in 1P prefs on Mac? I added an entry over on my Mac and I've been waiting ages for it to appear over on my iPhone ... surely any time the database is modified on one device a sync to iCloud should happen immediately? Why do we have to wait? Is there a way to force it...?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@acody I'm afaid iCloud sync, and the time it occurs, is completely under the control of Apple—so there's nothing specific AgileBits and 1Password can do to "force" a sync.

That said, there is a general troubleshooting knowledge base article which may be of interest:

Troubleshooting iCloud sync issues

Stephen

• acody
    acody
    Community Member

so there is no api to copy the database up to iCloud? Would it work better if I synced to dropbox?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @acody,

I'm sorry to hear that you've having trouble with iCloud sync! The steps in the troubleshooting article that Stephen linked to are a great way to get things sorted out.

so there is no api to copy the database up to iCloud?

We use the CloudKit API to sync data via iCloud.

Would it work better if I synced to dropbox?

I think it's much better idea to figure out where things are getting tangled up. There are no known issues with iCloud at this time - if you're seeing a new bug, we'd love to figure out what's up and get it properly resolved!

Do you have multiple vaults enabled on your iOS device? If so, please switch out of 'All Vaults' view and into the primary vault on your iOS device. Does this get that entry synced?

• andyedwards79
    andyedwards79
    Community Member

It's a little late but one work around I use if I need to force a sync is to simply set to none then set back to iCloud... not ideal but it works

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @andyedwards79,

Thanks for sharing your workaround! Hopefully this isn’t needed too often - if you are having difficulty with iCloud sync, our team is always here to help you work through it (and to make sure there isn’t a bug in 1Password that we need to smash.)

This discussion has been closed.