Options
2»

Comments

• DoctorBrown
    DoctorBrown
    Community Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

If you go to the email's login yourself or bookmark it and then use Control + \, it would work the way you want it to because it won't use the saved URL data.

I have multiple comcast email accounts. The way I've done it in my previous PW Mgr, is to use bookmark to go to the main page, click 'Email', the select the desired email account passcard. Which then logs on. With 1P this is: Go to main page, click 'Email', hit Ctrl-\, use down/up arrow to select the desired login in task bar pop up.

• Hi @DoctorBrown,

Do you mean for 1Password to automatically show you the list of Logins alongside the login form without having to bring up the menu? That is something we're interested in doing, we'd like the idea of an overlay on the site for you to select something to fill.

However, If you're referring to automating the fill without any intervention on your part by simply going to the site's login page and 1Password fills without asking first, that most likely will not happen as we consider this to be a security issue.

• DoctorBrown
    DoctorBrown
    Community Member
    Options

Do you mean for 1Password to automatically show you the list of Logins alongside the login form without having to bring up the menu? That is something we're interested in doing, we'd like the idea of an overlay on the site for you to select something to fill.

That is exactly what would make this much more useful. 1Password already almost does this. When I navigate to a login page (say the login for Comcast), the matching logins are the top items in the plug-in menu. Just make them auto display so I can select the desired item.

However, If you're referring to automating the fill without any intervention on your part by simply going to the site's login page and 1Password fills without asking first, that most likely will not happen as we consider this to be a security issue.

I agree the product should not auto fill by just visiting a login page. but displaying possible logins that the user would have to select.

• Hi @DoctorBrown,

1Password already almost does this. When I navigate to a login page (say the login for Comcast), the matching logins are the top items in the plug-in menu. Just make them auto display so I can select the desired item.

Yep, we'd like to do this in the future as long as we can do it without impacting the security of your data. This isn't as easy as it sounds because the 1Password extension does not store any of your 1Password data nor does it have any UIs. We'll figure out a secure solution to enable this cool feature in the future.

• DoctorBrown
    DoctorBrown
    Community Member
    Options

I certainly look forward to the it. And I totally agree that security is the top priority.

Clearly after all this, I was not able to import my data from my previous PW Mgr, in a way that was viable for me. But with your outstanding help and understanding, I think I've got reasonable solutions to the most of the items I've been working with up until now. Now it's off to try and recreate the rest of my logins.

If your development team can work on making capturing and using the Application and HTTP Auth logins more seamless, that will put this PW Mgr at the top of its class.

• We will, thanks for your feedback.

This discussion has been closed.