Users password strength monitoring

Options

Hi everyone,

I would like to share a feature idea with you. It could be very handy for vaults administrators to monitor the password strength of their users.
I've got a lot of users who are using very poor passwords and i would like to point them out and help them to get stronger passwords.

1Password for Teams is really awesome. Everything, from the web app to the future pricing plan seems to match the perfection. Congratulations guys :smile:

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @fgirardey,

Thank you so much for the incredibly kind words about 1Password for Teams! Reading what you wrote made me smile from ear to ear :)

Having the ability to audit your team member's passwords is a great idea and something we hope to add to 1Password for Teams in the future. In the near term, users can use the Security Audit directly themselves and you can point out to them how to use it.

By the way, out of curiosity, how big is your team?

Take care,

• fgirardey
    fgirardey
    Community Member
    Options

Hello @dteare !

I'm glad to see that this feature raises interest :)

I've got a tiny little team, we are only 6. But as far as i know i've got two sensitive users who have responsabilities and very poor passwords…

Google Apps for Work has an interesting feature for that, they let me (as a super administrator of my domain) to audit the strength of my users passwords.

• Thanks for sharing, @fgirardey. A "tiny" team of 6 is awesome! That brings back fond memories for me when we were just starting out :)

The Google Apps audit is a bit easier for them as Google knows your passwords. Since we encrypt everything, it's harder to perform the audit, but we have a few ideas on how to make this possible.

I just thought I'd share that it's not trivial to implement so you don't get the feeling we'll add it this week :) It's definitely something we're interested in, however, and I'd love to add it to 1Password once we find a way to do it in a secure and private way.

Cheers!

• fgirardey
    fgirardey
    Community Member
    Options

Don't worry @dteare i'm a developer, i know that it will not be easy

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

;) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.