Is it possible to save password requirements?

bwehner
bwehner
Community Member

Is there any way to save the password requirements of a specific site, besides just keeping a note on each entry? If not, it would be nice to have such a feature added in the future so that the most secure password that a website will accept can be generated. I would like to be able to save if a site requires special characters or does not allow them, the length they require and any other special requirements. Thanks

1Password Version: 6.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.3
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:save password requirements

Comments

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2016

Hi @bwehner,

This is not currently a function of 1Password, but we have received a few similar requests (to save the password recipe in each login item), and I've added your comments here to our internal tracker for this feature request. Thanks for letting us know you'd like to see this added. Cheers! :+1:

ref: OPM-1530

• joelboonstra
    joelboonstra
    Community Member

I'd like to add my support for this feature, or a similar one (e.g. https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/59763/password-generator-should-use-the-same-recipe-as-last-time). I just ran into this with authorize.net, whose description of their password requirements does not seem to match reality, so I find myself writing a convoluted note like:

Password recipe:

• length 25 (longer gets truncated and becomes unpredictable based on browser)
    • letters and numbers, no symbols (all symbols seem to fail, despite their assurances)

It'd be very nice to have those options selected by default based on the item, the last-used recipe, or the URL (to allow re-using the recipe for multiple different logins on the same site), especially for sites (such as authorize.net) that force password changes with some degree of regularity.

Thanks for considering it!

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

@joelboonstra thanks for the vote! I've added it to our internal tracker so our development team knows people are still interested in this :)

ref: OPM-1530

This discussion has been closed.