Version 3.8.22 (build 32010) on my mac book pro is constantly crashing.

What can I do? Are there any patches...

1Password Version: 3.8.22
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.2
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:[Version 3.8.22 (build 32010) on my mac book pro is constantly crashing. I can only access my pw through the browser extensions... :-( ](https://discussions.agilebits.com/search?Search=Version 3.8.22 (build 32010) on my mac book pro is constantly crashing. I can only access my pw through the browser extensions... :-( )

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member

@Wango - 1Password 3 has seen no development at all since version 4 arrived. And it won't get be getting any in the future. Many users are finding that version 3 is very difficult, if not impossible, to use on the most recent updates of OS X, which you report that you are using. You could roll your OS X version back to Yosemite, where 1Password 3 continued to work. But it isn't very surprising that legacy versions of software eventually stop working as operating system upgrades progress. You can read more about this in this sticky post at the top of the 1Password 3 section of the forum.

Your best choice is to upgrade from 1Password 3. That will require an upgrade payment, but there is a discount available from the AgileBits web store. You can find your discounted price by entering your version 3 license code on the upgrade page of the AgileBits web store.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Wangpo,

Sadly hawkmoth is correct. Maintaining multiple versions would consume a lot of resources so we only concentrate on the latest version. We still support 1Password 3 for Mac but sufficient amounts have changed in OS X now that this older version of 1Password, last worked on when Mountain Lion was new, that this older version just isn't compatible any more. The first link hawkmoth will discuss this as well as the options available which is to strongly consider moving to the newer version which is compatible with El Capitan. If you have any questions at all please do ask.

• Wangpo
    Wangpo
    Community Member

Thank you for this clear instructions...

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

You're most welcome, @Wangpo, on behalf of @hawkmoth and @littlebobbytables.

This discussion has been closed.