Feature request - Add icon for vault an entry belongs to

sn1elsen
sn1elsen
Community Member

I am using the latest 1paswword and love the multi-valut features that were added. Thanks for adding those features.

In a future release can an icon be added to show which vault a password entry belongs to? This would make it easier to see the source of the entry.

Thanks,
Steve

1Password Version: 1Password 6 Version 6.0.1 (601003) AgileBits Store
Extension Version: 4.5.1
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi Steve ( @sn1elsen ),

I am using the latest 1paswword and love the multi-valut features that were added.
    Thanks for adding those features.

Happy to hear it, and you're most welcome. :)

In a future release can an icon be added to show which vault a password entry belongs to? This would make it easier to see the source of the entry.

Being easier to identify which vaults items are in from All Vaults view, e.g. using the vault icons, is one of the improvements we'd like to make. Thank you for the request and interest!

• ehyeh_asher_ehyeh
    ehyeh_asher_ehyeh
    Community Member

I am using multi-vault to have both the shared work vault and my personal vault accessible, and would also very much like a feature like this. It is unclear to me whether starring this feature request ticks up some count viewable by AgileBits support, so I am also commenting to make it clear there are more of us who would appreciate something like this.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ehyeh_asher_ehyeh,

Starring the thread is the same as bookmarking it, it’s more of a feature for you than a tracking mechanism for us. Starring the thread means you will be notified when new posts appear here.

Adding a comment here is a great way to tell us that you’re interested in seeing something like this! And it turns out that I have some good news for you: since this thread was started, we’ve made it easier to determine which vault an item belongs to.

We’re currently exploring other ways to make this even more clear for users, but I hope this helps!

• ehyeh_asher_ehyeh
    ehyeh_asher_ehyeh
    Community Member

Pleased to hear it @Megan, that is a help. What I'd be most pleased to see though, would be a small vault icon (or even just a colored dot) next to each login in the browser (chrome) plugin. My most common use-case is logging onto a webservice for which I have a personal and work account for, plus often there is a company account as well (maybe more than one, for different roles). It's not a great hardship to rename some logins to tell them apart as they come up, but it's not quite as elegant as I'd prefer, and an indicator dot is the kind of extra little touch that I think both me and many other similar users feel loved ;)

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

@ehyeh_asher_ehyeh thanks for explaining what you'd like to see. I can't promise this will change, but we do appreciate knowing how we can improve 1Password to make our customers' lives a little easier :)

This discussion has been closed.