Import from Wallet 4X [Converter Available]

Options
2»

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Hi @masc - I thought you had moved on. Let me review the email and take a look...

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited June 2016
    Options

Hi @masc,

Whew, I'd forgotten most of the stuff we'd talked about, so had to review.

I've updated the 1.09 package in Testing Bits. Please update your version and try again. I was not encoding the Language file correctly, so you didn't get the proper categorization. See my post above on Feb 4 for usage instructions.

From the email strings you sent me, the strings you said were not working:

"Valid Through" = "Gültig bis"
    "User ID" = „Benutzername“ for Mail

These now work - it was the encoding problem above that was the issue, plus I had to update the function that parses dates for the Valid Through since your country uses period as a date separator.

"E-Mail Address" = "E-Mail-Adresse“
    "IMAP-Server" = "IMAP-Server“

These are now detected, however there is no natural mapping in 1Password for them. These fields do not exist in the stock Email Server category.

"BIC" = „BIC"
    "Sort Code" = „BLZ“

Likewise, these do not exist in a Bank category, and so also get mapped to notes.

If you add the --addfields option, the unmapped fields will go to custom fields for the primary entry.

Lets see where this takes you!

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@masc it looks like MrC has gotten things worked out! Hopefully you'll be up and running with 1Password in no time :)

• masc
    masc
    Community Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

@MrC
    Wow, you are really fast. Thanks!
    I try it tomorrow again. Today it didn't worked, but the problem is in front of the Mac ;)

@nmott Hopefully I run 1Password at weekend :-)

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:+1: :)

• masc
    masc
    Community Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

@MrC : is it possible to change a category in 1Password? At the moment i have a lot of "save notices" while it should be login...

Thanks a lot for your work!!!

• masc
    masc
    Community Member
    Options

@Drew_AG
    I run 1P now but I have some problems with wring categories. Is it possible to change them?

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited June 2016
    Options

@masc,

Only the Password category can be prompted to a Login. Otherwise, there us no way to change an item's category,

What are "save notices"?

• masc
    masc
    Community Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

@MrC : I don't know the exact name in English. The German name is "Sichere Notizen".
    And I wantend to write "safe notice" (my mobilephone...). Maybe it is called "Secure notes".

• masc
    masc
    Community Member
    Options

I want to change this category to Password and Login depending if it is a password or login.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@masc,

We would have to make the converter detect these cases before the import.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @masc,

At this time it is not possible to change the category of an item since the fields are different in each category. Perhaps we'll be able to come up with a solution for that in the future, but for now, you would need to copy and paste the data into a new item in the new category. We have some tips for how to make that process a bit easier in this blog article: Quick Tip: Migrate your details between 1Password items

I hope that helps! :)

This discussion has been closed.