Families need a Windows solution

Options
124»

Comments

• wallenak
    wallenak
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for including me on this thread. Interestingly this is a different version than the beta picked up via the Windows 1Password app within ver 4.6... I'm lucky, most of my personal devices are Apple, but I sit at my employers Windows 7 system most of the time... They own it and it is only at .NET 4.5.2... for some good reason I'm sure. Anyways. that means I don't qualify for this beta. I'll need to wait for the Windows Family version that works on Windows 7 (hopefully in the works) without needed .NET higher than 4.5.2 or that my employer upgrades in the interim...

• Jacob
    Options

@wallenak I have great news for you: The Windows 7 version is now in beta, so you can try it out right now if you'd like. Please give this thread a read for more info and how to install the app:

Help us welcome 1Password 6 to our Windows family!

If you have any questions, feel free to post them in the Windows beta category.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2016
    Options

@wallenak: I think penderworth may have misinterpreted some of the version numbers there. I apologize for any confusion!

You're correct that the 1Password for Windows desktop beta requires version 4.6 of Microsoft's .NET framework, and it sounds like you're stuck with version 4.5.2 (dating back to 2014) still. We don't have any plans to support earlier versions. Each release includes security fixes for known exploits, but also other important changes. 4.6 was released roughly a year ago:

The cryptographic API in .NET Framework 4.6 uses the latest version of Windows CNG cryptography API. As a result, NSA Suite B Cryptography is available to .NET Framework. Suite B consists of AES, the SHA-2 family of hashing algorithms, elliptic curve Diffie–Hellman, and elliptic curve DSA.

As you can imagine, both overall security and cryptography are important in general, but are doubly important to 1Password. So I'd encourage you to lobby your company's IT department to update, not only for 1Password, but for overall security.

• ScotchArmy
    ScotchArmy
    Community Member
    Options

Hi. Love your product/service. similar to others we are MAC at home, but PC at work. any update on making this seamless for a PC running windows 7 pro? website extensions etc...?

• Ben
    Options

Hi @ScotchArmy,

Please see this post:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/306037/#Comment_306037

This is the latest information. :) Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.