Windows support

Options
AGAlumB
AGAlumB
1Password Alumni
This discussion was created from comments split from: iOS & Windows family - not sure what to do. Need help understanding.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

I keep hearing over and over that a time-line for when Windows Desktop version that supports Teams will be released is not provided as "company policy" is not to discuss release dates. However, can you not provide a general time line that does not provide a specific date? ie: 2nd Quarter 2016, 1st Quarter 2017 etc?

I'm completely frustrated with the lack of Windows development and support. You've launched a critical feature everyone has been begging for going back years - TEAMS/FAMILY - yet there's no functional way to use it in Windows (Windows 10 app supports Teams but can't integrate with browsers, and Windows desktop version doesn't support teams but supports browser extensions).

We are caught in no man's land and i'm at the point now where if I'm not provided with a general sense of where things are at, I may pull the plug and just move back to LastPass or Dash Lane.

Any clarity on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Jagstyles: I hope you don't mind, but I've split this off into a separate discussion, rather than impinge on the conversation about their individual setup.

I keep hearing over and over that a time-line for when Windows Desktop version that supports Teams will be released is not provided as "company policy" is not to discuss release dates.

@Jagstyles: That is correct. We try not to preannounce things if it can be helped, but more importantly we don't want to offer information we don't have, or which may prove to be inaccurate. When we have something more concrete, we'll share it.

I'm completely frustrated with the lack of Windows development and support. You've launched a critical feature everyone has been begging for going back years - TEAMS/FAMILY - yet there's no functional way to use it in Windows (Windows 10 app supports Teams but can't integrate with browsers, and Windows desktop version doesn't support teams but supports browser extensions).

I'm sorry for your frustration, but the phrase "lack of Windows development and support" just isn't accurate: 1Password for Windows has been around for years, is in active development, and we continue to support it. We have not yet updated it for 1Password for Teams/Families, but in fact we are and have said so (which you seem to allude to earlier). I understand that you want to be able to use 1Password for Teams/Families on Windows, and I'm in the same boat. There are currently two options there:

• 1Password for Windows 10 beta
    • 1Password for Teams/Families web interface

These are absolutely not sufficient for everyone (myself included), so we're hard at work both improving those and developing the new desktop app. We don't have any updates to share at this time, but you can be sure we'll announce it once it's available! :pirate:

This discussion has been closed.