Textexpander snippets don't expand any more, when opening 1password ("save input")

Sunnyc
Sunnyc
Community Member

Some minutes ago Andrew from Smile on my Mac told me, that this problem, opening 1password stops the expansion from Textexpander snippets does result from Your 1password update. I would kindly ask whether AgileBits will resolve this issue in the very near future. Sorry, but this drives me really nuts. I would be very glad You to check it soon.

1Password Version: 6.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: osx 10.11.3
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:conc.: "Security Lock" when 1password is open and I am using Textexpander. Some minutes ago Andrew from Smile on my Mac told me, that this problem, opening 1password stops the expansion from Textexpander snippets does result from Your 1password update. I would kindly ask whether AgileBits will resolve this issue in the very near future. Sorry, but this drives me really nuts. I would be very glad You to check it soon.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Sunnyc: Sorry of the confusion! 1Password uses OS X's Secure Input to block all apps from accessing data in your 1Password vault. There's been some discussion about this in the past, and we currently don't have plans to change this. If TextExpander can read the fields, so can any other app on your system. We all trust 1Password to protect the data stored in our vaults, and we'd rather not take any chances.

• 4yw
    4yw
    Community Member

If there's ever a way to whitelist specific app(s), it would be nice to be able to fill in info fields (never actual password fields) with snippet expansion apps. it used to be so much easier to fill in Software License information. In the meantime, as a workaround, I have a new snippet that has all of the info that I could possibly want for Software License info, I get it all into my paste buffer and paste it into the 1Password Notes field, then cut and paste the info out of there and clear any leftovers, when done. It's unwieldy and ugly but it still beats typing it all.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Given that SecureInput is an OS X feature, I don't believe that there's anything 1Password can do to whitelist specific apps, as disabling SecureInput would allow access system-wide, but perhaps we'll be able to find a solution in the future. Maybe OS X will eventually take some inspiration from the way iOS extensions work.

This discussion has been closed.