Weird outline of application after unlocking.

Options

Comments

• rudy
    Options

@timzilla,

Yup, that's the same model I have.

Rudy

• ahawrylyshen
    ahawrylyshen
    Community Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

I am seeing (pun not intended) the same thing. I will generate the requested diag info and send it in.
    Machine : MacBook Pro 13 Retina Early-2015...
    OS X 10.11.4

If you look closely you can see the 1P window 'over' the full-size Finder window.

• rudy
    Options

@ahawrylyshen,

Yup, that's exactly what others are seeing. Let us know what your support ticket number is when you send in the diagnostic archive so we can take a look and see if there's anything helpful in the logs.

Thanks.

Rudy

• ahawrylyshen
    ahawrylyshen
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Rudy - I sent it in a few hrs ago but have not received a reply. Just resent. Will post here with ticket information.
    Safe Mode restart (and normal restart) SEEMS to have resolved the issue for now.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ahawrylyshen,

Thanks so much for working with us on this, and I'm glad to see that safe restart seems to be working for now.

I just did a search in our email system, and I couldn't find any reports sent from the email address in your forum profile. Just to confirm, our email address is support@agilebits.com, and you can use the alternate support+forums@agilebits.com to help our forum team more quickly identify it. No rush on our end, we'll take a peek at the report whenever it gets in. :)

• ahawrylyshen
    ahawrylyshen
    Community Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

The safe mode restart seems to have been only a temporary fix. Back to the transparent UI for me now.
    Resent email. You should see it now . Ticket MUV-87778-939

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks @ahawrylyshen! Yes, we definitely received the email this time. Rudy and/or other developers will take a look at that and get back to you here or by email. Hopefully it helps us figure out if there's something we can do about this issue from our end. We appreciate your help! :)

ref: MUV-87778-939

• When this problem is occurring, try sleeping and waking your Mac. Also, if you have an external display, try attaching it or detaching it. Also, try changing your display resolution in System Preferences. Our current best theory is something to do with the video driver and the Core Animation framework. If any of the above steps recover functionality, that would go a long way toward nailing down the cause.

• pdp2shirts
    pdp2shirts
    Community Member
    Options

I have an Early 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, using the laptop display and a thunderbolt attached display. The transparent window shows as transparent on both displays, I was able to drag the window between the two displays and it reminded transparent on both displays. I've rebooted into safe mode and rebooted again, and so far the 1Password window shows up correctly. If it happens again I'll try the steps @chadseld mentions.
    I've not noticed this issue with any other applications.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @pdp2shirts,

I'm sorry you've also run into this problem! I'm glad booting into Safe Mode and then rebooting normally helped, but if it happens again and you try Chad's suggestions, please let us know how it goes. Thanks! :)

• timzilla
    timzilla
    Community Member
    Options

Just encountered the issue again. RetinaMBP 15" connected to Thunderbolt display. I changed resolutions on the Thunderbolt and the transparent window remained the way it was.

Disconnected the display, and saw the transparent window on the retina laptop display. I plugged my Thunderbolt display back in and shut the laptop (making Thunderbolt the sole display), and the 1Password screen locked itself automatically and I re-opened it and the correct window view showed up.

I cannot confirm this, but I am starting to suspect that I am encountering this issue whenever my computer has been asleep prior to using.

Will play around a bit more.

• timzilla
    timzilla
    Community Member
    Options

Nope: went from working to transparent after about 15 mins of use without any computer sleep in between.

• rudy
    Options

@timzilla and everyone else,

I'm wondering, do you have "Displays have separate Spaces" turned on in System Preferences -> Mission Control ?

Rudy

• timzilla
    timzilla
    Community Member
    Options

I rarely use Mission Control, but the setting that you mention is currently checked (enabled).

• rudy
    Options

@timzilla,

can you see if you're still able to get the transparent window with that checkbox unchecked?

Rudy

• timzilla
    timzilla
    Community Member
    Options

@rudy I have not encountered the issue again since unchecking that "displays have separate spaces" preferences. Fingers crossed!

• SR22pilot
    SR22pilot
    Community Member
    Options

Safe Boot fixed the problem for awhile but it just came back.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @SR22pilot,

I'm glad to hear that Safe Boot fixed the problem, at least for a while. Did you see Rudy's post above about selecting "Displays have separate spaces"? This might be another workaround to help while we work to properly squash this bug.

• pdp2shirts
    pdp2shirts
    Community Member
    Options

@rudy I have the "Displays have separate spaces" option unchecked and have had it unchecked for quite a while.

• rudy
    Options

@pdp2shirts

Thanks for the additional data, do we have anyone running 6.2 or the 6.3 betas yet that can confirm that they're still seeing this behavior?

Rudy

• timzilla
    timzilla
    Community Member
    Options

The issue has come up again, even with "Displays have separate spaces" unchecked.

• Hi @timzilla ,

Thanks for letting us know. What version of the app were you running at the time?

Cheers,
    Kevin

• timzilla
    timzilla
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_kevin - I'm currently running 6.1. I see that 6.2 is now available in the app store. I will update and continue to post any observations.

• rudy
    Options

If anyone is using the AgileStore version? we have a 6.3 beta available that has changes that could possibly help resolve the issue.

If you are able to run that version, you can opt-in to the betas by: https://support.1password.com/install-beta/mac.html

Rudy

• olsonja
    olsonja
    Community Member
    Options

Me too. Started about a week ago, when I was running 1P 6.1 on a Macbook Pro Retina, OS X 10.11.4. I upgraded to 1P 6.2 just now, still does it. Methinks you all have a problem.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @olsonja,

Thanks for letting us know that you're still seeing this in 6.2.

At this time, we're looking for users who are using the AgileBits Store version of 1Password (you can find out which version you're running by selecting the 1Password menu and choosing 'About 1Password'). Users on the AgileBits Store version can opt to enable beta builds. Our developers have made some changes in the latest betas that we hope will resolve this issue, and we'd love to hear if it works for you!

• olsonja
    olsonja
    Community Member
    Options

Okay, I am using the Agile Store Bits version. 1Password 6
    Version 6.2 (620012)
    AgileBits Store

I'll download a beta version and tell you if it fixes it. Thanks.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @olsonja,

Thanks so much! I've got my fingers crossed that everything works smoothly.

• jstewart30
    jstewart30
    Community Member
    Options

I can report that using 6.2, and 10.11.4 on Retina MBP15, I've been having the problem as well. Unchecked "displays have separate spaces", rebooted, problem happened again after a couple days. Just now I went to unlock (the window was fine) and the window went transparent after I entered the unlock code. I then updated to the 6.3b3 version. Restarted the app, same thing: window was fine, entered unlock code, window immediately went transparent. I did not reboot after installing the beta version, though.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jstewart30,

Thanks for letting us know you're having the same problem in the latest beta version! Would you mind rebooting your Mac to see if the problem still happens again in the beta?

This discussion has been closed.