Updated to 6.2.1, 1PW on MacBook Pro does not accept master password anymore, but still on iPad

axel_schaumann
axel_schaumann
Community Member

What can I say? I use a 40 character password, which I have changed yesterday. Worked fie on all machines, unitl I updated on the MacBook Pros this morning.

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.10.5
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Does not accept master password

Comments

• axel_schaumann
    axel_schaumann
    Community Member
    edited April 2016

Updated on MacBook Pro to 6.2.1 - 1PW does not accept MPW anymore, but still on iPad.

OS X 10.10.5

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @axel_schaumann,

I closed the other discussion that you opened to keep the conversation all in one place. This way we'll be able to help you better! :chuffed:

• Hi @axel_schaumann ,

When you type the wrong password a few times, does the hint appear? And does that hint match the one that would be shown on an iPad if you typed it wrong there a few times?

The reason I'm asking is that if the hints do not match, then your 1Password is finding an older version of your data. Perhaps if you switched from Mac App Store to AgileBits Store versions in the past.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• axel_schaumann
    axel_schaumann
    Community Member

Thank you @Pilar and @ag_kevin.

It is the same hint. The funny thing is, that the problem appeared on both MacBooks, but I have only updated one. It started on the one, on which I have updated 1password.

I have restored a backup from two days ago and it now works fine with the old password on one MacBook. On the other one it says, that the testphase has expired. I guess, that this one will not synchronize with the other and the ipads, as long as I have not fixed that problem.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @axel_schaumann,

Thanks for getting back to us!

On the other one it says, that the testphase has expired. I guess, that this one will not synchronize with the other and the ipads, as long as I have not fixed that problem.

Just to make sure I understand, are you seeing a ‘trial expired’ message? This would be unrelated to your Master Password question. The trial expired message is prompting you to enter a valid license file. Did you purchase 1Password from the Mac App Store or the AgileBits Store? I took a quick look in our back office records, but I was unable to find any license information by searching the email address that you have stored in your forum profile. If you’d like some help tracking down your license information so we can get rid of that message, I’d be happy to help.

• axel_schaumann
    axel_schaumann
    Community Member
    edited May 2016

Hi @Megan

Thank you very much. All my problems are solved. I use (unfortunately) different email addresses in the forum and for the purchase in the agile-store. My email address for the license is as@axelschaumann.de

• axel_schaumann
    axel_schaumann
    Community Member
    edited May 2016

@Megan

All problems are solved in the moment. Thank you.

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

@axel_schaumann I'm happy to hear that everything is working! Do let us know if there's anything else we can hep with :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.