Console Error Message Flood

bgiles
bgiles
Community Member

I just installed the latest update to 1Password, and also installed the extension in Safari. A few minutes later, I happened to open Console, and discovered thousands and thousands (literally, at least 4,000) of messages like the following:

4/15/16 12:29:11.012 PM pkd[351]: Launch Services: Failed to create a UUID for com.agilebits.onepassword4.safariextensioncompanion from invalid string co
4/15/16 12:29:11.012 PM pkd[351]: Launch Services: Failed to create a UUID for com.agilebits.onepassword4.safariextensioncompanion from invalid string ing_
4/15/16 12:29:11.012 PM pkd[351]: Launch Services: Failed to create a UUID for com.agilebits.onepassword4.safariextensioncompanion from invalid string test
4/15/16 12:29:11.012 PM pkd[351]: Launch Services: Failed to create a UUID for com.agilebits.onepassword4.safariextensioncompanion from invalid string ock_
4/15/16 12:29:11.012 PM pkd[351]: Launch Services: Failed to create a UUID for com.agilebits.onepassword4.safariextensioncompanion from invalid string nd.m
4/15/16 12:29:11.012 PM pkd[351]: Launch Services: Failed to create a UUID for com.agilebits.onepassword4.safariextensioncompanion from invalid string atio
4/15/16 12:29:11.012 PM pkd[351]: Launch Services: Failed to create a UUID for com.agilebits.onepassword4.safariextensioncompanion from invalid string .loc

Note that the last 4 characters of each error message appear to be "leftover" text from something else. Possibly an uninitialized variable? As far as I know, 1Password seems to be working OK, and I used the Safari extension to log into this forum, so that's working too, but clearly something isn't right. Any ideas?

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: 4.5.5
OS Version: OS X 10.11.4
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @bgiles,

That's a new one to me.

I don't know if it will make any difference but maybe try the following.

1. Quit both 1Password and 1Password mini. You can do this with the keyboard shortcut ⌃⌘Q when 1Password is open (it doesn't have to be unlocked).
    2. Drag the 1Password application from your /Applications/ folder to the Trash. Please don't use an app cleaner.
    3. Reboot your Mac.
    4. Download 1Password again from the same place you purchased it. If you purchased from our AgileBits Store then it would be our own AgileBits Download page. If you purchased from Apple's Mac App Store then it would be from inside the App Store application, specifically the Purchased tab.

As long as you don't use an app cleaner it will pick up exactly from where it left off as deleting and downloading a fresh copy of the application does not affect the support files where your vault is locally stored. Does that have any impact?

• bgiles
    bgiles
    Community Member

OK, I deleted and re-installed both 1Password and the 1Password Safari extension, and this time I did not get the thousands of error messages. Everything still seems to be working OK. I have no idea what caused the error messages the first time, but it's not doing it now.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @bgiles,

I’m so glad to see that reinstalling the app got you back on track!

I hope that 1Password behaves perfectly for you from now on, but if you have any other questions or concerns, we're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.