Not submitting when using Safari browser

skywatcher
skywatcher
Community Member

I realise this is no big deal compared with some of the other problems people are having with 1password, but it's annoying.
It fills in my details on a website, but then won't submit until I select the submit button. I have read the sticky about this, but that doesn't work for me.
Anyone else finding this, or are we just putting up with the issue?
I am running 1password 6.2.1 from the app store, and OSX 10.11.4

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: 4.5.5
OS Version: OSX 10.11.4
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Hi @skywatcher ,

We've seen a few cases where the submit preference got turned off. Can you check the Preferences? Under Browsers, make sure Automatically sign in after filling usernames and passwords is checked.

If it is already, let us know and we can investigate further.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• skywatcher
    skywatcher
    Community Member

Hi Kevin,
    Yes,that is checked.

• Jacob
    edited April 2016

@skywatcher Good to know. Could you uncheck it and check it again, then try filling a website and let us know if that works? Another thing I'm curious about is whether every website doesn't automatically submit, or only some of them don't? Thanks! :)

• skywatcher
    skywatcher
    Community Member

Kevin,
    Tried that as well.
    It's the vast majority of websites, although the Agilebits web site works!
    I am beginning to think that it isn't 1password at fault here. I tend to use the Safari browser, but recently that has been having trouble with some web sites. Mainly banking sites. I am going to swap over to another browser and see what that does.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @skywatcher,

I’m curious to know the results of your research! If the problem is on our end, we’ll certainly investigate further. (And I’ll be keeping a close eye on 1Password and Safari here to see if I can recreate what you’re seeing.)

• skywatcher
    skywatcher
    Community Member

Hi,
    I have been using Chrome as my browser for the past day, and had no issues at all. So that could point to either a problem with Safari or with the 1password extension for Safari. I would prefer to use Safari as my browser, as I am not that keen on the world of Google, but needs must.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @skywatcher,

Well, I’m glad that you’re not seeing the same issue with Chrome, but I’d love to track down why this is happening for you on Safari. If you’re up for helping us test things out, please switch back to Safari and fill in a few webpages. If you’re still noticing this issue, send a Diagnostics Report our way:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

When you reply, it would be helpful to know a bit more about how you’re asking 1Password to fill: Are you using ⌘\ ( Command- \ ) on the page, or finding the item in the extension and letting 1Password open the webpage and fill your details? Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.