What is the default sync interval for folder sync and is there anyway to change it?

kaos
kaos
Community Member

It seems if there was an option in 1Password to schedule the sync times, this would perhaps address the problem of not being able to use a network share for folder syncing as conflicts could be avoided. Even aside from that possibility it would be nice to be able to have control over the syncing schedule and ideally be able to manually trigger an on demand sync when desired.

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: 4.5.5
OS Version: 10.10.5 & 10.11.4
Sync Type: folder & wi-fi
Referrer: forum-search:folder sync

Comments

• nathanvf
    nathanvf
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2016

Hi there @kaos,

There is not an option to set the sync interval unfortunately. When you edit an item, it will sync that data immediately. And generally there should be a way to monitor the Agilekeychain / OPVault file for when they are updated by another computer. When they are updated that triggers a sync as well. However I believe it's slightly different for folder sync compared to Dropbox sync, since I believe folder sync doesn't have the hooks that Dropbox has for updates. Which is why Dropbox sync is known to be less problematic.

Tweaking a sync interval would not really make sync work better. I'd really suggest using iCloud or Dropbox for a better experience. But I'm not 100% sure what kind of problems you are facing with sync exactly.

Hope this helps.

This discussion has been closed.