Since I have forgotten my master password, i want to get rid of this and download 1 Password.

lazz_judy
lazz_judy
Community Member

I have 1Password on my iPhone and iPad. The master password I use for those works well. However it has never worked on my Mac. I assumed that If I changed it on either of those, it would automatically be changed on the Mac. That did not happen. I just haven't been using it on my Mac, depending on my iPhone or iPad instead. If I can completely delete the 1Password on my Mac, will that affect the data on my mobile devices?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: ug:mac/, kb-search:Lost my password to enter 1 Password on my Mac., kb:forgot-master-password, kb:master-password-not-accepted, kb:special-characters-in-master-password

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@lazz_judy when you change your master password on device one the change won't sync to device two unless and until you first unlock device two with the old master password to allow the change to sync. Once you've done that you should be able to unlock 1Password on device two with the new master password.

If that doesn't resolve the problem for you the instructions for starting over on your Mac are here:

How do I start over with an empty vault?

If I can completely delete the 1Password on my Mac, will that affect the data on my mobile devices?

No. Just follow carefully the instructions for starting over to which I have linked.

If you still have problems and need to post again please tell us:

Stephen

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @lazz_judy,

Please let me know if the advice Stephen provided has helped you out. If you have more questions, we’re here for you!

This discussion has been closed.