Feature Request: All Vaults and Selected (or Your Vaults, Regular Vaults, etc.)

gtroyp
gtroyp
Community Member

The all vaults selection is a misnomer, because we select which vaults are not displayed, and there isn't a way to show ALL vaults without going in and reselecting ALL of the vaults to be shown. Should this be two separate choices? I realize the confusion it could create, but some confusion is already present too....

1Password Version: 6+
Extension Version: all
OS Version: all
Sync Type: all

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2016

@gtroyp: You're right of course, but I think "All Vaults" reflects the default...and is a much better name than "All vaults except the ones you've deselected in 1Password Preferences". ;)

But in all seriousness, you raise a very interesting point. Do you find yourself both wanting to hide specific vaults and also have the ability to view all of them at once? I don't think it's come up before, so I'd be interested to hear more from your perspective.

However, keep in mind that you can always switch to a specific vault, even if it's hidden from the All Vaults view. Let me know what you think. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

• gtroyp
    gtroyp
    Community Member

It's been a while, but here's my use case: I use All Vaults to show the primary vaults for both my (soon to be) family account and my teams account for work, but not ALL of the vaults in both. I have everything fairly well segregated, but I have occasionally put something where I didn't expect when I went to look for it. If I want to search in ALL of the vaults, I have to either change my all vaults selection, or search in each individual vault. So Display ALL, and Search ALL could be different, or something to that effect.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@gtroyp: Thanks so much for taking the time to explain that! Perhaps we'll be able to help with that use case in the future as we improve the All Vaults feature. :)

This discussion has been closed.