Cannot dismiss a secure note

Lvez
Lvez
Community Member

When I open a secure note from Chrome, it sometimes sticks to the desktop over top all other windows and cannot dismiss it. I have to quit the Password Mini process to make it go away. Thanks.

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: 4.5.5.90
OS Version: 10.11.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Lvez,

I'm sorry you're having an odd problem with Secure Notes windows!

Can you please elaborate a bit on the steps you take which sometimes cause this to happen? For example, do you view a Secure Note in the 1Password extension / 1Password mini and then click the anchor button (or use the ⌘O keyboard shortcut) to open the item details in a separate window? Or do you simply view a Secure Note from the extension/mini and then try to click back in another app or the Desktop, but the Secure Note won't go away?

If you anchor/open the Secure Note in its own window, it should have a button to close it in the top left corner of that window, like other windows on a Mac (the buttons there might be grayed out until you hover over them with the mouse).

If you're simply viewing the Secure Note from the extension/mini (i.e. not opening it in a separate window), how often does that seem to happen? Have you ever noticed it happening with other types of items, or only Secure Notes?

Thanks in advance! :)

• Lvez
    Lvez
    Community Member

Hi @Drew_AG

First let me just say, it's a very minor annoyance. I'd say it happens about once per week and I'm a pretty heavy 1P user.

I can't consistently replicate this but to answer your questions:

• I view a secure note by clicking on the browser extension icon

• I move my pointer to 'secure notes' and then select the note I want to see by letting the pointer hover over the note name
      • I move my pointer off the 1P menu or even click elsewhere and the note stays displayed.
      • I'm not clicking on the anchor
      • I think the stuck 1P window remains functional. In got the attached screenshot by clicking the anchor and then closing the window. As you can see, the note outline stayed there but the content disappeared. When it gets stuck, the content is usually showing.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thanks @Lvez! The screenshot & information are helpful.

I don't know why that would happen so I asked one of our developers about this. He doesn't know why it would happen either, but he did mention that that there are improvements to some UI elements in our latest betas which might possibly help with this. If you'd like to try the beta to see whether or not it solves the problem, you can do that by following the steps here: Install the beta version of the 1Password app

Of course, it might take a week or two to figure out if the problem is solved with the beta since it doesn't sound like it happens too often. But if you try the beta, please let us know if it seems to make any difference for you. I'll keep my fingers crossed in the meantime! ;)

This discussion has been closed.