Very Slow and Stuck App after upgrading to OPVault

Options
ravero
ravero
Community Member

After upgrading my vaults to the new OPVault file format, it become really unusable. I'm using a i7/SSD Machine and it takes about 10 to 15 seconds to unlock the Vault. Also it freezes when you start typing to search. The Vault has about 400 records and was really fast when under the previous file format.

The same happens trying to open 1Password-mini. As I saw on previous forums posts most of the user are having the same issue. What's wrong? It definitively looks like the OPVault format is not production grade, it's totally broken. One of the highlights of 1Password is that is really fast to access that kind of information.

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: 4.5.5
OS Version: OS X 10.11.4
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ravero,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble.

I have been using the OPVault format for years. It's blazing fast and stable. I think the switch to OPVault is either a red herring or at least only tangentially related to the problem you are experiencing.

What I'd like to have you do is install the 1Password for Mac beta which may itself resolve things for you.

Using 1Password betas

If that doesn't resolve things, the beta has some additional logging which will help us. Create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac like this:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.