Is Damaged and Can't be Opened. Delete and Download Again.

Options
kbkb
kbkb
Community Member

I looked at this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/52042/mac-app-store-app-damaged-prompted-for-apple-id#latest and the two solutions posted did not work. What else should I do?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kbkb,

I'm sorry to hear you're getting that error and that the solutions from that thread didn't help!

If you've rebooted your Mac and also tried signing out of (and back into) the Mac App Store, but still get that error when trying to open 1Password, try deleting the 1Password.app file by dragging it from the Applications folder to the Trash. Don't worry - you won't lose any of your data, because that's stored in another location on your Mac (and not in the app file itself). When deleting the app, just make sure you don't use any app cleaning tools. Empty the Trash and reboot your Mac again, then launch the Mac App Store and reinstall 1Password from the Purchased section.

Once you've reinstalled it, are you able to open 1Password? Please let us know how it goes, and if it's still a problem, we'll continue from there. Thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.