I'm experiencing a beach ball every time I log in to the app, what's causing this?

Options
jaytorres
jaytorres
Community Member

I've never had this happen before but as of late, whenever I enter my master password, the app beach balls for about 10 seconds before the app is functional. I haven't done anything with my set up, so I'm wondering what's causing this.

1Password Version: 6.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.4
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:beach ball

Comments

• nathanvf
    nathanvf
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey there @jaytorres,

Yes unfortunately that is a bug that some people have been experiencing. We've been working on trying to figure out what could be causing this to happen. Currently we are adding mechanisms to log the info we need in the current beta.

We should be able to discover what is happening soon. Once we do we'll absolutely release a new version :chuffed:

• dekode
    dekode
    Community Member
    Options

This is also happening to me, running latest version of 1P, even when the vault is already unlocked and I try to bring up 1P mini to fill in a browser login form.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dekode,

I'm sorry you're running into a similar issue! If you're also experiencing slowness in the main app, that might be "Problem 2" from this forum announcement: Experiencing slow unlock issues with 1Password 6? Please read this.

However, both problems described there are related to unlocking 1Password, so if 1Password is behaving slowly on your Mac even after it's already unlocked, that might be a completely different issue. Please try restarting 1Password mini to see if that helps: From the main 1Password app, go to Help > Troubleshooting > Restart 1Password mini. Does that make any difference? You can also reboot your Mac and then see if there's any change.

Please let us know how that all goes, and if it's still a problem, we'll continue from there. Thanks! :)

• dekode
    dekode
    Community Member
    Options

FWIW a Mac reboot did the trick...for a while. But after a few hours the unlock delay returned, though I have not yet seen any further delays once the vault is "open".

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dekode,

I believe this should be resolved in the latest beta. Can you let me know if you still have the problem when using the beta build?

• dekode
    dekode
    Community Member
    Options

Initial testing with b14 seems to be much better! No pause on unlock or lookup thus far.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dekode,

Thanks for the update! We’re optimistic that our developers have properly squashed this bug once and for all, but if you notice anything odd, please let us know so we can investigate further. :)

This discussion has been closed.