REQUEST: From "1Password 6.app", add ability to easily go to and login to website for vault mgmt

pbodalia
pbodalia
Community Member

If we want to add / manage vaults, we have to go to the 1password website. It would be really nice if there was an easy to way to go the website through the app, even if its through the app menu.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:link to account management from app

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @pbodalia,

Thank you for writing in with your request! It sounds like you have a Teams or Families account and want a shortcut from the 1Password for Mac app to open your sign-in page on 1Password.com? The specific sign-in address would be different for each team or family of course, but perhaps even a link to the general https://start.1password.com/signin/ page would be helpful? I'll be glad to forward your suggestion to our developers (although I can't make any promises about if/when something like that would be added). I think that would be a useful feature!

For now, you can add an item to your vault that has a website field containing the URL for your Team/Family sign-in page. Just click on that to open it in a browser.

Thanks again, and if you need anything else, don't hesitate to let us know. Cheers! :)

• pbodalia
    pbodalia
    Community Member

In my scenario, I actually have both a teams account for work, and a family account for personal use.

Ideally, I can go through the menu, 1 Password 6 > Manage Account > {Team Name}
    This could generate a signed url that allows automatic login to the account.

I like your suggestion of adding it as an item, but that wouldn't save too much time since I can just go to 1password.come and click on login for the same effect.

Thanks!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thanks @pbodalia!

Ideally, I can go through the menu, 1 Password 6 > Manage Account > {Team Name}
    This could generate a signed url that allows automatic login to the account.

I see - you would like to have an option that not only takes you to your Team/Family account/site in a browser, but also signs you in. So basically, you'd like it to work the same way as the "open and fill" feature (i.e. double-clicking a Login item in the main 1Password app or clicking on its URL), but you'd like to find that option in a menu instead of searching for a Login item. Does that seem to describe it correctly?

I like your suggestion of adding it as an item, but that wouldn't save too much time since I can just go to 1password.come and click on login for the same effect.

If the menu option you requested would work the same way as a Login item, I'm not sure that would save you much time either. Are you saying you currently have Login items for your Teams/Families accounts and you select them from the 1Password extension to fill the sign-in forms?

This discussion has been closed.