Attached images on a secure note not showing in iOS

meadowse
meadowse
Community Member

I have attached an image to a secure note on MAC - it shows in iOS
I attached 5 images on another note and they do not show on iOS, however I can add text to the note via MAC and it updates on the iOS

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: not using
OS Version: 10.11.4
Sync Type: DropBox
Referrer: forum-search:Attaching images on secure note via Mac but they are not showing images on iOS

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @meadowse,

I'm sorry you're having some trouble with attachments!

Just to make sure I understand - you attached an image to one Secure Note on your Mac and it synced correctly to iOS. But you attached images to a different Secure Note on your Mac, and those did not sync correctly to iOS - but other changes to that same Secure Note will sync to iOS, even though the attachments still won't. Is that right?

If so, that's very strange, but we can get things working one way or another. The first thing you can try is this: On your Mac, open 1Password and create a brand new Secure Note, then add an attachment to that new Secure Note and Save. Open 1Password on iOS and check for the new Secure Note - does it sync, and does it have the attachment?

If a new Secure Note with a new attachment syncs correctly to iOS, try this:

• Open 1Password on your Mac and find the Secure Note with the 5 attached images (i.e. the ones that aren't syncing to iOS).
    • Drag those image attachments from the item to the Desktop to make copies there.
    • In the item list in 1Password, right click that Secure Note and select Duplicate (a copy of the item will be made, but it will not have the attachments).
    • Give the new copy a unique name so it's easy to tell apart from the original.
    • Finally, add the 5 images from the Desktop as attachments to the new copy of the Secure Note, then make sure you remember to click Save.

Does the new copy sync to iOS? If so, does it have the 5 attachments? Let us know how it goes, thanks! :)

• meadowse
    meadowse
    Community Member

I tried the delete attachments, duplicate and then go add attachments - still will not sync. The note sync's and if you change the verbiage it syncs but adding an attachment will not sync

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for trying that, @meadowse.

• What are the file sizes of each attachment?
    • Try creating yet another new item, but this time only add the files one at a time. Each time you add an attachment, also add a line to the note itself, so you can be sure it has synced when you see the new text appear. Do you find success syncing just one attachment? Two? Etc.?

I just followed these steps myself and haven't been able to reproduce the problem here. That doesn't mean one doesn't exist, but it does mean this may be harder to track down.

The file sizes that I tested with were pretty large (considering there is a 5 MB limit per file), so, at least in my test, it doesn't seem related to size. But I am curious what you uncover.

• meadowse
    meadowse
    Community Member

I have and it works fine with new note
    These are pics from phone camera of member cards - not huge but 3 meg each
    Appears to be something in this particular note which I have had for a long long time

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2016

@meadowse,

Oh! I must have misunderstood your earlier post then. I thought you said it didn't work in a new item, so I thought we should try adding them one at a time to see where it fails. If it works in a new item, that would be the quick solution. However, if you are able to erase any sensitive information from the item that isn't syncing the attachments, perhaps it would be useful to take a look at the JSON for the item.

If you were willing, could you enable Preferences > Advanced > Copy JSON then copy the JSON to the clipboard (Item > Copy JSON) and email it to us? support+forum@agilebits.com

Again, PLEASE BE SURE to eliminate any sensitive information in the JSON before sending it. Please review it carefully.

If you don't want to send it, that's okay too. It is completely up to you. :)

This discussion has been closed.