The operation couldn't be completed. osascript: cannot open default scripting component.

Options
FJM2002
FJM2002
Community Member

When I try to open a login and 1P try to fill the sign in I get a rectangular box on the screen with the above information and a yellow triangle with admiration sign and the round 1P round key lock symbol.

Thanks!

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.4
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:The operation couldn't be completed. osascript: cannot open default scripting component.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2016
    Options

Hi @FJM2002,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble.

Unfortunately, osascript is a system component. It sounds like your installation of OS X may be damaged.

What happens when you do this?

1. Open Terminal (found in the /Applications/Utilities folder).
    2. Copy and paste the following command on a single line and press Return:

osascript -e 'tell app "Finder" to display dialog "AppleScript works"'

3. If you see this, click OK.

• FJM2002
    FJM2002
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Khad This is what I get on the Terminal when I click enter.

osascript: can't open default scripting component.

• ag_kevin
    Options

Hi @FJM2002 ,

Unfortunately, that is a problem with your OS X installation. I seen others have this problem with other software and they mentioned that reinstalling OS X over top of your existing installation (e.g. don't erase your current installation) fixed the problem.

You may wish to try repairing your disk with Disk Utility (in /Applications/Utilities) first and see if that helps.

Regards,
    Kevin

• FJM2002
    FJM2002
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Kevin

I tried the disk utility First Aid and it didn't worked. I reinstalled OS X El Capitan and the problem was solved. I also had a problem with Evernote and it also got solved! Thanks! Have a Great Weekend! Regards, Federico

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That is great news! I'm glad that you were able to solve a couple different problems, @FJM2002. :)

Have a wonderful weekend yourself!

This discussion has been closed.