how to sync data from 1password on phone with laptop

ianhey
ianhey
Community Member

I have an old version of 1password which I have had on my phone for many years. I don't think you did a pc/laptop version when I got the app for my iphone. I see that you do now do a mac version.

Can you tell me the which version to get to sync the data on my phone with my mac laptop?
I saw an article saying it could be done by iCloud? Presumably I still need the correct software on my laptop?

I can't tell you which version of 1password is on my iPhone as the app is not visible within iTunes and i can't see the version number anywhere within the app itself on the iPhone but i have certainly had it for around 4 years.

any help much appreciated

Ian

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: ug:mac/sync-dropbox, ug:mac/sync-folder, kb:sync-options, ug:mac/sync-icloud, kb:sync-options

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ianhey,

In order to be able to use 1Password on a new Mac you should first upgrade 1Password on your iPhone. You can see how to do this here: https://support.1password.com/upgrade-ios/. Once you've done this on your iPhone you'll be able to sync your data with the most recent version of 1Password!

Please let us know if you have any other questions or if there's anything else we can assist you with! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.