I no longer have the option of sharing via iMessage. Airdrop and Print are the only options!

cellisc
cellisc
Community Member

Until recently I shared logins with my daughter using iMessage. The only options for sharing now are AirDrop and Print. I made zero changes to the app and it happens using iOS and OS X. My daughter can still share her logins with me however.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• cellisc
    cellisc
    Community Member

Forgot to include versions in original post.

1Password Version: 6.2.1
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: OS X 10.11.4
    Sync Type: iCloud

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@cellisc I have merged the two separate threads you started in order to keep everything in one place.

There's a long and rather testy thread about this here in the Lounge. The best place to start is probably with the AgileBits post in that thread to which I've linked—which explains, in a nutshell, that the ability was removed from the latest 1Password versions because of serious security concerns. Perhaps your daughter is using an older version of 1Password than you—or is using the iOS app where the change may not yet have taken effect.

There's plenty to read in the thread to which I've linked...but fasten your seatbelt before embarking on it. :)

Stephen

• cellisc
    cellisc
    Community Member

Hi Stephen! Thanks so much for combining my threads, the prompt reply, linked thread, and answering my Q! Was so very nice of you!! I'll strap in for the bumpy ride too! lol

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @cellisc,

I'm sorry for the inconveniences this change might cause you, but @Stephen_C link explains rather well why this decision had to be taken! Please let us know if you have any other questions or if there's anything else that we can do for you! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.