dropbox syncing not working

massive323
massive323
Community Member

in the last week or so i can no longer acccess my passwords on the go via dropbox. When I now go into dropbox (via browser) and click on the 1Password.html it no longer automatically goes to the 1password lock screen, instead i only get the option to share or open it. Opening it takes me to lock screen but with the message " problem occurred when loading the "file:///Users/jayrobinson1/Dropbox/1Password.agilekeychain/data/default/encryptionKeys.js" file."

i followed the guide and it seems that changes are being made when they occur but after following all the steps i'm none the wiser to what is going on.. help!

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.1
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: kb:dropbox-troubleshooting, kb:diagnostics, kb-search:dropbpx, kb-search:dropbox, kb:dropbox-troubleshooting

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @massive323,

I'm sorry you're having some trouble with 1Password and your sync file in Dropbox!

It sounds like you're trying to use the 1PasswordAnywhere feature to view your data stored in the sync file in Dropbox. Unfortunately 1PasswordAnywhere will no longer work on Dropbox.com, and you can find more information about that here: Moving Beyond 1PasswordAnywhere

Are you trying to use 1PasswordAnywhere in order to trouble a problem with Dropbox sync? We can definitely help solve any problems you might be having with Dropbox sync, as that isn't affected by the 1PasswordAnywhere feature. We would just need to know more about the sync issue you're running into. For example, aside from your Mac, what other devices are you syncing with 1Password via Dropbox? If you make a change on one device, does it show up on others? Is Dropbox sync enabled in the 1Password sync settings on each device, and are they all syncing with the exact same file in your Dropbox account?

Thanks in advance! :)

This discussion has been closed.