Super frustrated!!!!!

Nuos
Nuos
Community Member

Added 1Pasword to a new Mac. I have a multi-Vault scenario. Cant seem to activate multiVaults on new mac. Tried to force an update from iCloud sync - couldn't find how so I tried deleting all my items. Sure enough it sync'd all the deletes up to the cloud. No problem I have restore. Restored from backup. But will not reset cloud. Now everything I have is all over the place - AND I still do not have multiVault working on the new mac. Now I can't talk to anyone but have to try to solve this through a forum - not the medium I feel is best to help me solve this problem quickly. I want to believe I will become impressed with this product again. Am I right?

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: No Idea
OS Version: 10.11.4
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Nuos,

I’m so sorry to hear that you’re feeling frustrated by 1Password! We’ll do what we can to get this resolved for you as soon as possible.

I think I see where the confusion is coming in. If you are using 1Password without a 1Password account (that is, syncing using iCloud or Dropbox), each vault is synced individually. This is one of the strengths of the multiple vault setup, as it gives you a lot of options for customizing who you share a particular vault with, or if a vault needs to be synced at all. (For example, I have an archive vault that lives only on my main machine and is not synced to my mobile devices.)

In your case, our first step is looking on your main machine and determining if you’ve set up sync for your secondary vaults. It sounds like you’ve got sync working for your primary vault using iCloud - that’s a great start! For the other vaults in your setup, we’ll need to use Dropbox.

Our User Guide can walk you through the process of setting up Dropbox sync.

To add these secondary vaults to your new Mac, just follow our guide to sharing vaults, particularly the ‘Access a shared vault’ section.

If this doesn’t get you sorted out, we’ll need to know a little bit more about your current set-up with 1Password. In particular, it would be helpful to know how many computers and devices are currently using 1Password, and where your most up-to-date copy of each vault is.

• Nuos
    Nuos
    Community Member

Sorry - nope!

I do have separate syncs set up - primary on iCloud secondary on drop box. However, on asking the second value to start syncing it wanted to merge with my primary vault. Nope. Thats actually what started this mess. Second nope is unfortunately iCloud syncing is now FUBR'd. I do have a back up. As I see it I first need a way to reset iCloud sync. Get that working. Then restore dropbox sync (possibly). Get that working. Then attempt to resolve the initial issue i was having

M

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Nuos,

Thanks for the additional information! I'm not sure what sort of problem you're currently having with iCloud sync, but if you need to reset your 1Password data in iCloud, open the main 1Password app and go to the menu for Help > Troubleshooting > Reset iCloud Data. Confirm you want to reset it by clicking the button for "Yes, Remove Remote Data". After a moment you should see a message that confirms the data was reset and sync was disabled (click OK). You only need to do this from one of your Macs.

Once you've reset the 1Password data in iCloud, go ahead and reenable iCloud sync for your Primary vault on your older Mac. Once you do that, make sure you allow the sync to complete - it will need to copy the entire Primary vault to your iCloud account, so that might take a little extra time. When it's done, you can reenable iCloud sync for your Primary vault on your new Mac.

Before we get to your secondary vault, it's probably best to make sure your Primary vault (and iCloud sync) is all set on both Macs. If you're still having trouble with that, you can stop here and let us know.

Otherwise, if the Primary vault & iCloud sync are working correctly now, it sounds like you just need to add your secondary vault from Dropbox to 1Password on the new Mac. To do that, simply open the Dropbox folder on the new Mac and find the sync file for your secondary vault, then double-click on that file (it will be a .agilekeychain or .opvault file). 1Password should ask if you want to add that vault.

Let us know how it all goes, thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.