Beta user, I just bought a permanent license and installed getting errors

dmccullo
dmccullo
Community Member

says update version required. only option is to quit when I quit i get the same message again update version required keeps cycling

1Password Version: 6.
Extension Version: 21
OS Version: OSX 10.11.5
Sync Type: Family
Referrer: kb:error-connect-to-mini

Comments

• dmccullo
    dmccullo
    Community Member

I have reinstalled the official release and even when I have quit 1password and in activity monitor have killed the process I keep getting spade version required... your save data appears to be newer than this version of 1Password can use. Please update the copy of 1Password to the latest version

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dmccullo,

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with 1Password. At this time, it will not be possible for you to switch between the beta version of 1Password and the release version without starting over.

Please let me know if this helps!

• dmccullo
    dmccullo
    Community Member

I have been using 1Password since it's release with Hundreds of secure details I cannot afford to start over. I have re-installed the Beta software. please let me know how I can be informed when their is a solution. I love 1Password and that is why I decided to buy a new license so I would love to get the full stable version back. I will gladly continue to be a beta tester as i love contributing to software I love.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dmccullo,

I'm sorry for the confusion, when you start over following the steps on the link that Megan mentioned you make a backup of your data. All your data will be completely safe and ready to use.

Thank you for being a Beta tester, it helps us make 1Password better every day :eh: Please let us know if there's anything else we can do for you!

• rudy
    edited May 2016

Hi @dmccullo,

For posterity's sake, and anyone else that comes across this thread.

I just wanted to clarify something about the backup that those instructions produces. Under normal circumstances that would work just fine, except we modified the structure of the database during the 6.3 beta cycle. Which makes it so that you can't actually restore the 6.3 beta backup directly into 6.2.1.

If you really did want to make that transition then the best way to accomplish that would be to use an intermediary such as dropbox, iCloud or folder sync to get your data into one of the sync containers. Then follow the start over instructions, followed by re-connecting to the requisite sync container on the new vault in 6.2.1.

Rudy

• dmccullo
    dmccullo
    Community Member

i used clean my mac 3 to totally remove 1Password and when I install 6.21 is still have the same issue. how do I totally clear my system and start fresh I have synced my data to iCloud but no luck opening 1Password and syncing my data

Thanks

Don

• dmccullo
    dmccullo
    Community Member

Delay that I missed one message and the link got me back to normal... I will run the beta on another machine but my main machine i now need for work and cannot run beta software on it. now I have what I need! thanks so much for all the help!
    this link worked perfectly! https://support.1password.com/starting-over/mac.html

• dmccullo
    dmccullo
    Community Member

Well spoke too soon! I synced up with iCloud and went from hundreds of passwords to 14 arggg I guess I start all over again :-(

• dmccullo
    dmccullo
    Community Member

I spoke too soon I see now Different vaults LOL arggg sorry for all the chaos! all cool

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@dmccullo: Just to clarify, are you saying the issue is resolved now? If so, that's great news! But if you're still having trouble, be sure to let me know. I'm afraid I am a bit confused by your last few comments. :lol:

This discussion has been closed.