Hi. I bought a license for 1Password, but don't seem to be able to add multiple users to it?

dlx64n
dlx64n
Community Member

If I have purchased the wrong version of the 1 Password app can it be transferred? Do multiple users all have to license the app separately? What is the exact name of the app in the app store, as when I research this I was sure it was possible to add multiple users.

1Password Version: 5.4.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.10.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:teams-families-migrate

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dlx64n,

I'm sorry if there's been some confusion about 1Password and it's licensing system. We have recently gone through some changes in this regard. In the current model the licenses are issued per user, so each one would need their own license. However, If you purchased your license before March 22nd the previous conditions apply. This means that you can share it with up to five people. You can find the apps here: https://1password.com/pricing/ and add the license you already have when you download it.

Please let us know if you have any other questions that we can help you with. :chuffed:

• dlx64n
    dlx64n
    Community Member

Can you send me my License I cannot find it plaese

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

If your purchase was from the Mac App Store then it does not have a licence. App Store purchases are tied to the Apple ID used to make the purchase. The other user just has to login to the App Store using your Apple ID and download the program (but makes more sense for you to do this on their machine).

if you bought direct from AgileBits you will have a licence, and a staff member can send it to you if you used the same email address that you use on the forum. You should also be able to get it yourself at https://agilebits.com/home/licenses

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dlx64n,

I was able to locate a license for 1Password for Mac in our back office records, registered to the email address that you have listed in your forum profile. I’m resending the license details to that address, just in case you need them.

Do multiple users all have to license the app separately?

The license that you have is a single-user license, which entitles you to use 1Password on as many Macs as you wish, but additional users will need their own license to use 1Password.

What is the exact name of the app in the app store, as when I research this I was sure it was possible to add multiple users.

In the Mac App Store, we are 1Password. Our licensing terms have changed recently, so it’s possible you were researching our previous terms. We used to offer a family license for 1Password, but we removed the option from our store when we introduced 1Password Families, which we believe is a better option for sharing 1Password and your data with your loved ones.

If I have purchased the wrong version of the 1 Password app can it be transferred?

You currently own a single user license for 1Password for Mac. The upgrade option available to you at this time would be a single user license to use 1Password across Mac and Windows. If that is something that you’re interested in, you can upgrade by entering your license information on our upgrade page.

This discussion has been closed.