Each Mac has 1P, with its own master password.

schrodermark
schrodermark
Community Member

1Password runs on several Macs, each with its own master password. I wish to change this to one master password for all machines.

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: 4.5.5
OS Version: os x 10.11
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Each Mac has 1P, with its own master password. I would like to change this, to just one pw for all.

Comments

• Hi @schrodermark ,

Do all of these Macs sync to the same data? If so, then change the master password on one machine, give it time to sync, and then go to the other Macs and enter the new password. They should then open with the new master password.

If they do not all sync with the same data, you'll need to change the master password on each Mac.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• schrodermark
    schrodermark
    Community Member

Thankyou -- all use the same data in dropbox. BTW, I have never yet used 1PW or DropBox in my iPad; do I need to use a different password for there? Cheers, Mark Schroder.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi Mark ( @schrodermark ),

I’m glad that Kevin’s reply helped. You should use the same Master Password to unlock 1Password on all the devices that you use.

You can download 1Password for iOS from the iOS App Store. It’s a free download with some optional iOS Pro features available for a one time In-App Purchase. Our User Guides can walk you through the process of setting up 1Password to view your existing data in Dropbox.

I hope this gets you all sorted out, but if you have any questions, we’re here for you!

This discussion has been closed.