I have PNG's I saved in 1Password for varying notes. They are all apparently damaged...

bbinder
bbinder
Community Member

I have PNG's that I save regarding fake question and answers for bank sites and the like. 1Password says all of them are damaged. This is pretty awful, since at one point, they worked just fine and I reference them when I need to re-authenticate to my bank sites using different applications. I get messages stating that the file is damaged and cannot be opened. Yet, they weren't damaged before. Now, they're simply dragged-in screenshots and I don't know how many can even be salvaged. This is a pretty big deal, since I have destroyed original copies and have no way of retrieving this information. Not sure what to do, but I'm really not happy about the loss of my data.

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.10.5
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:could not be opened

Comments

• Hi @bbinder ,

I'm sorry you are having trouble opening your attachments. It may not be a data-loss issue, but more of an error decrypting them to your disk.

I'd like to ask what method are you using to open your attachment? Do you double-click on the attachment itself, or drag it out to a folder (or the desktop) and trying to open it there? If one method, try the other, and see if that works.

If it still doesn't work, I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Regards,
    Kevin

• bbinder
    bbinder
    Community Member

Hi, Kevin.
    I double-click to open the attachments in all cases. It has never failed me - I do this right from the app. I have also dragged the files out of the 1P app to the desktop and cannot open them there either. The error message is the same. I have created a diag report JWD-75458-554.
    Thanks,
    Brian

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thanks, @bbinder!

We'll have a look and reply to you shortly via email about next steps. Let's keep the conversation to email for now, to avoid duplicating efforts or getting wires crossed. Thanks!
    ref: JWD-75458-554

This discussion has been closed.