Feature idea - Finder > Hide Others also locks 1PW

jrice
jrice
Community Member

I frequently click the finder on the mac and use command shift H to hide everything. I was thinking it'd be nice if that could also lock 1PW. It's kind of one step between locking your computer and leaving it all wide open. Like if you are just going to grab a glass of water or something. Maybe I'm the only person in the world that would use it... :)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jrice,

Thanks for the suggestion! If you’re a fan of keyboard shortcuts, we do have one that will lock 1Password - ⌘⌥⌃L ( Command-Option-Control-L ).

Another trick for quickly securing 1Password is with the screensaver. Make sure that the ‘Lock when screensaver is activated’ option is selected in 1Password’s Preferences > Security, and then use a hot corner to activate your screensaver. (This can be set in System Preferences > Desktop and Screensaver > Screensaver > Hot Corners). The awesome thing about hot corners is that you just flick your mouse into the far corner of your screen and it will engage the screensaver. When 1Password is set up to lock when the screensaver is activated, it’s a super simple way to protect your laptop, and your 1Password data when you step away from your desk. :)

I hope this helps!

• jrice
    jrice
    Community Member

OK. I'll set that up. Thanks!!!

• Great! Let us know if you have any questions about that.

This discussion has been closed.