Prompted to sign in to my Apple ID for iCloud in my browser (URL: idmsa.apple.com)

Options

Comments

• sfiske
    sfiske
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you. I tried numerous fixes before checking this forum and only by turning off iCloud sync and then turning it back on again, as you suggested, finally put an end to it.

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm glad everything's working again! :)

• SEMats
    SEMats
    Community Member
    Options

Every minute (60 seconds) Safari opens a new browser window and wants me to "login to 1Password - Password Manager and Secure Wallet". It is an Apple site: https://idmsa.apple.com/IDMSWebAuth/auth?oauth_token=...

I have never seen this before. Is it a hacking attempt or what? I am already logged in to iCloud.

Regards
    Mats

1Password Version: 6.2.1
    Extension Version: 4.5.6
    OS Version: OS X 10.11.4
    Sync Type: iCloud
    Referrer: forum-search:safari wants me to login to 1password manager and secure wallet

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@SEMats I've merged your thread with others about the same issue. My answer, from above:

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. This is to be expected; many of the tokens used for CloudKitJS were set to expire yesterday. All you have to do is enter your Apple ID credentials to continue syncing your 1Password data via iCloud :chuffed:

A more thorough explanation of what's happened can be found here. The good news is that because you're running 1Password 6.3 you shouldn't have to go through the process outlined in that post; like I said, you just have to log in to iCloud.

• SEMats
    SEMats
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, thank you for responding so fast. Those windows was really annoying.

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

It was my pleasure! Hopefully everything is cleared up now.

• johnclay
    johnclay
    Community Member
    Options

@nmott

Unfortunately, this is still an issue for me. Ever since upgrading to 6.3 final, I've been continually prompted to reauthorized on iCloud. I've done as suggested - disabled sync completely and re-authorized, but it's come up a few times since.

What now?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@johnclay,

Updating to 1Password 6.3 and authorizing should resolve it. If you're still having trouble after that, I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• Jaaaaaaaamie
    Jaaaaaaaamie
    Community Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

Updating to 1Password 6.3 and authorizing should resolve it.

Have had to do this 4/5 times in the last 48hrs now.

1Password 6 Version 6.3 (630032) AgileBits Store

OS X 10.11.5 (15F34)

Will send off a diagnostic report.

Edit: [#BRU-79932-523]

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Jaaaaaaaamie,

We've received your diagnostics report. We'll be in touch with you over email soon, we'll continued the conversation over there :chuffed:

ref: BRU-79932-523

• ncs51
    ncs51
    Community Member
    Options

Help again! The solution above only works for a day at a time. For each of the last two days I have had to re-enter my Apple ID upon opening 1PW. I check the box to keep me logged in, to no avail. I always get a message that the sync has been re-established, yet Safari displays a perpetual spinning circle indicating that not all is right.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ncs51,

If you update to the latest version of 1Password (6.3) it will be easier to deal with. Apple has expired the tokens again, and we have no control over that. In the update you'll only be asked once to sign in again and it will explain what happened too. Please let us know if this does solve the issue! :chuffed:

• johnclay
    johnclay
    Community Member
    Options

@khad

After looking through the output from that diagnostic util, it includes waaaaay too much irrelevant information for me to be comfortable sending it in.

Let me know exactly what you're looking for and I'll send that over.

• lordduck
    lordduck
    Community Member
    Options

I having this problem also. I've tried the solutions above and I still have to sign in constantly. The thing is when I sign in, I get a popup saying it worked but then the webpage itself is stuck in "signing in" mode, with the little wheel spinning and the tab saying signing in.

• rudy
    Options

@lordduck,

The spinning wheel is an unfortunate side effect of that page not being under our control. When 1Password pops up the dialog indicating that sign-in was successful you can simply close the browser window with the spinning circle.

Rudy

• lordduck
    lordduck
    Community Member
    Options

Alright, thanks for the answer.

I keep having to sign in though, maybe not every minute like it was at first, but every day for sure

• ag_kevin
    Options

Hi @lordduck ,

Thanks for letting us know. We're seeing this here too. We're currently trying to determine why the logins are only lasting a day, and hope to have more information and a solution soon.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• rkbaker48
    rkbaker48
    Community Member
    Options

Hello again. Although I did upgrade my version of 1Password to 6.3, this morning there was another request to authenticate in iCloud in order to continue syncing 1Password. If this is going to be a daily occurrence, it might be useful for you to provide some instructions as to how to sync 1Password using either Dropbox or a folder. Have you reached out to Apple to find out what is going on?

• nathanvf
    nathanvf
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey there @rkbaker48,

Yes it has indeed recurred this morning. Sorry we are still not certain what is going on here.

Rest assured we have reached out and will find out soon what is going on with iCloud syncing.

If you would like to move to syncing over DropBox you can check that out here.

Hope this helps.

• RickCunn
    RickCunn
    Community Member
    Options

So I upgraded to V6.3 this morning. And I used my icloud log in credentials to log into one of the pages. The spinner spun and spun and spun .... never completing a log in or otherwise acknowledging it was working. After maybe 10 minutes I killed Safari. Is this expired token problem resolved?

• Skyyton
    Skyyton
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the same problem and my 1password is up to date. I sign in to iCloud, but get the error again next time I use it.

• ncs51
    ncs51
    Community Member
    Options

Well, I've been running 6.3. I always update immediately. Let's see what happens tomorrow.

• rekanix
    rekanix
    Community Member
    Options

I'm confused - when I go to use a login from my 1Password on my Mac, it opens up a new tab from Apple asking me to sign in with my Apple ID and Password. This is new - I provide the Apple ID and Password, and it says it is signing in, but it never does? First, what is that? And secondly, why does it never sign in? It just says "signing in" but never completes.

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• dcrehr
    dcrehr
    Community Member
    Options

Only recently, upon opening 1Password (application or Safari plug in), I get (usually) two identical windows asking "Sign in to 1Password - Password Manager and Secure Wallet" Sign in asks for Apple ID & Password. I enter both (using 1 Password, of course), but the sign in never goes through. I get a little circular icon that cycles endlessly. Annoying. I found a forum answer for a user who experiences this with Firefox. I tried the "fix" suggested, but it does not work.

1Password Version: 6.2.1
    Extension Version: 4.5.6
    OS Version: 10.11.4
    Referrer: forum-search:Sign in to 1Password - Password Manager and Secure Wallet

• maximus434
    maximus434
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I've 1Password 6 for Mac and the iOS version also. All was going well (it's a great app, money well spent) until this week when I started getting randomly asked to 'Sign in to 1Password - Password Manager and Secure Wallet' via a tab in Safari - if I sign in, nothing happens, and if I ignore it, a new tab keeps popping up every few seconds. Just typing this post and I've had 20+ tabs open up asking me to sign in - very annoying!! What's going on? I've tried resetting iCloud and resyncing but no joy...

1Password Version: 6.2
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: osx 10.11.4

• Lynn
    Lynn
    Community Member
    Options

Ive been having the same problem. When I open Safari, the sign in never resolves in Safari, it just times out. Then after i close Safari when I open Safari again I get an “iCloud session has expired. You will need to sign in with your Apple ID to continue syncing 1Password” Below is the URL that 1Password is using; cdn is an Apple server in Canada ?, I’m in the USA, seems weird and potentially insecure...

https://cdn.apple-cloudkit.com/ck-auth/?prtn=24&host=setup.apple-cloudkit.com&oauth_verifier=OATVRF6913246d-2605-4f6d-a81d-5bc0e74d1e7c8743c8e081a4c27afd61f8ae15bdd492f51a4ac943581615e37de4e48a158ea15c9ff6ac0891d314d33ec02968127cdc0bae490d13ad67e17a35cd75b1ecd5dc2700decb94b433988f820e73ed32d9337008cd3433e317705e43fc40488dda2f585a47&oauth_token=OATTKN49471611-ffca-4a86-8c88-79ab94b21097cf8eca9594f05880c3c2b7e8ae23cc178697236d7e2d9e0125d192cc8c9f07a3205cedd70feecd33b8e08e16e7fe1b94d8b526691ce7726cfd83cfe6f90ec05be03dd7e73a9e3ceb30a1300413e21a25585a47

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @RickCunn,

I'm sorry something seems to have gotten stuck when you signed into your Apple ID again! I'm sure we'll be able to help figure this out one way or another.

First, to answer your question:

Is this expired token problem resolved?

There are actually 2 different problems we've been seeing in the last couple days. One is that Apple expired the token 1Password was using to sync with your iCloud account (which is why it prompted you to sign in again). That's not something that should normally happen too often, but Apple seems to have done that a few times in the past couple days (and unfortunately that's not something we can control). The only solution there is to sign in with your Apple ID username and password again, which will make a new token and allow 1Password to continue syncing with iCloud.

The other problem is that 1Password version 6.2.1 had a bug which caused it to open the Apple ID sign-in page over and over again in quick succession. Fortunately our developers fixed that in version 6.3. So the next time the token expires and you need to sign into your Apple ID again, that page should only open once.

The spinner spun and spun and spun .... never completing a log in or otherwise acknowledging it was working. After maybe 10 minutes I killed Safari.

That actually seems to be a bit of a different issue than what we've heard from other customers (although it's likely related). Can you please try these steps:

1. Open the 1Password application and go to 1Password > Preferences in the menu bar.
    2. Click the Sync tab, then select your Primary vault and set the sync setting to None (do not check the box to remove data from iCloud when asked).
    3. Set the sync setting back to iCloud and sign in with your Apple ID one more time.

Does Safari get stuck again at this point, or does it work correctly? If the same problem happens, please follow steps 1 and 2 above again, but before enabling sync with iCloud again, reboot your Mac. After it restarts, open 1Password and turn on iCloud sync (and sign into your Apple ID) to see if there's a difference.

Please let us know how it all goes, thanks!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Skyyton,

I'm sorry you also keep getting asked to sign into your Apple ID to keep syncing with iCloud!

There are a couple problems that have been happening: One is that Apple seems to have expired the token 1Password uses to sign into your iCloud account, and they've apparently done that several times in the past few days. The other problem is a bug in 1Password 6.2.1 which caused it to keep opening the Apple ID sign-in page over and over in quick succession when the token expired just once. This bug was fixed in 1Password version 6.3 which was released this week, so the first thing you'll want to do is make sure you've installed the latest update.

If you're already using 6.3, then it sounds like the problem you're running into is that the login token has been expired a few times in the last couple days or so. Unfortunately that's not something we have control over, but our developers are trying to find out why it keeps happening.

For now, if you'd like to switch to Dropbox sync, you can find steps to do that here: Sync with Dropbox

If you have more questions about that or need anything else, please let us know. Have a great weekend! :)

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Although we're not sure why the login token has been getting expired so often over the last few days (it's not something we control), our developers are trying to look into why it keeps happening. If the same thing happens again tomorrow, it will happen for lots of others (including many of us here at AgileBits) too. But for whatever reason it's been happening, we apologize for the inconvenience! If you'd like to switch to Dropbox sync for now and need help with that, please let us know. Have a great weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.