Different address format

Nevin Ng
Nevin Ng
Community Member

Is there a plan to support different addresses' formats for different countries/languages?

For example:
1. In US there's a zip code, but in Hong Kong there is not.
2. In Western world the address line comes first, then city, then state, then country. In Chinese it's reversed, country then state then city and line.

It would be cool if we can choose the format of the address in the Identities, just like Contacts.app in Mac OS.

1Password Version: 6.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Different address format

Comments

• ag_kevin
    edited June 2016

Hi @Nevin Ng ,

Regarding the zip code for Hong Kong. There may be a case for keeping it. One of the biggest reasons for keeping an address in 1Password is for filling a form on a web site, e.g. a store checkout page. Many store checkout pages require a zip code to be filled, mistakenly for Hong Kong, so you could have a dummy value of 00000 to satisfy those checkout pages. But if that's not an issue for you, you can leave it blank for now.

But I am seeing the address reversed when I choose Hong Kong or China. Are you not seeing this?

Regards,
    Kevin

• Nevin Ng
    Nevin Ng
    Community Member

Ah.... it does reversed. The zip is next to the city for Hong Kong. In case I leave it blink, it looks like a misalignment when I finish editing.

• Hi @Nevin Ng ,

Ah, that make sense. We'll keep that in mind when making improvements to the address formats.

Cheers,
    Kevin

This discussion has been closed.