Login info missing

vamsi2k
vamsi2k
Community Member

When i am on a login page on a safari browser and try to log in using the browser extension, i can not find the login credentials that were previously saved on 1password. But can find them when i search for the login credentials at "Search 1Password".

Why am i not find them like i used to find them earlier. Am i missing anything. I have updated everything updates wise.

Please help!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:can't find my login on 1password browser extension when i am on the login page.

Comments

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @vamsi2k,

I'm sorry you're not finding the logins you want in the 1Password extension! Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us here and ask about it. Hopefully we'll be able to help clear this up for you.

I'd like to ask for some clarification first to make sure I understand what you're seeing. If I understand correctly:

• On your Mac, using Safari, you visit, for example, twitter.com
    • You click the 1Password extension (or perhaps use the ⌘\ keyboard shortcut) to try to use your twitter Login
    • Your twitter Login doesn't appear in the extension menu
    • So you have to type "twitter" in the extension's search bar to find the Login you want to use

If this is all correct, there are a couple things you should check. First, check the website URL in the Login item in 1Password, and see if it matches exactly the URL of the website you're trying to use it on. Second, from the menu bar, select 1Password > Preferences > Browsers and see if the box is checked next to "Allow filling on pages that closely match saved websites."

Please let us know what you find when you check those two things, and we'll be glad to help you further! And of course, if I've misunderstood the issue you're writing to us about, please clarify where I've got it wrong and we'll take it from there. Thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.