Previous Passwords Feature

isthatyourbag
isthatyourbag
Community Member

Somehow I've ended up with both the Mac App Store and the Agile Bits store version of 1Password 6. The Mac App Store saves previous passwords in Login items, where the agile bits version doesn't. Is there a preference control that I've missed? If it really doesn't show previous passwords, how can I transition to the Mac App Store? I use 1Password for Families.

Thanks!
Jeff

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.5
Sync Type: Families
Referrer: kb:undefined, kb-search:previous passwords

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@isthatyourbag: Sorry of the confusion! 1Password will only save a "previously used passwords" entry when you have an existing login item which you then Update using the browser extension or manually edit to save a new password. And to be clear, 1Password Families works with both the Mac App Store version and AgileBits Store version of 1Password, so there's no need to "transition". I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• isthatyourbag
    isthatyourbag
    Community Member

Thank you. I realized this was user error. Sorry to waste time + energy.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@isthatyourbag: No problem! Not a waste at all! Sometimes these things aren't obvious, and I'd love to hear any suggestions you have for how we could improve it. After all, we all make mistakes, and if there's a way we can help you or anyone else avoid trouble or confusion in the future we'd love to know. And of course, we're here to answer any questions you might have either way. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.