Add license for Windows version?

TheDandee
TheDandee
Community Member
edited June 2016 in Mac

Hi everyone,

I have been using 1Password for sometime now. I have 2 Macbooks, a iPhone and a iPad. The Dropbox sync works great on any of those items. Recently I have taken on a project for work that requires I use a PC. I would like to be able to have all my logins etc available to me. However, when I try to activate 1Pasasword on the PC I am told that I only have a 1Password for Mac license.

Is there anything I can do short of spending another $65 for a new license?

Thanks
Dandee Fleming

Comments

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2016

@TheDandee That's quite the collection of devices!

I looked in our system and saw that your existing licenses are for 1Password 3. That's getting mighty long in the tooth, and going to this page to see what kind of upgrade options are available to you will not only get you access to 1Password 4 for Windows, but also to 1Password 6 for Mac https://agilebits.com/store/upgrade You could also check out 1Password Families -- it's a new subscription service that costs just $5 a month and gives you access to 1Password on all your devices, including the beta version of 1Password 6 for Windows found right here.

Both of those should be much more appealing than buying a new license outright :)

• TheDandee
    TheDandee
    Community Member

I think I paid for an upgrade not too long ago. What was that upgrade?

Im a single user, not sure that a family subscription makes sense.

• TheDandee
    TheDandee
    Community Member

Also, I checked the Mac and I am running v6.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @TheDandee,

When I search our system for the email address from your forum account, I don't see a license for 1Password 6 for Mac (just the 1Password 3 for Mac license that nmott mentioned). If you recently bought an upgrade from our website, is it possible you used a different email address? If so, you can have that license resent to you from the "I've lost my license" section at the bottom of our support site.

Or is it possible you purchased 1Password 6 for Mac from the Mac App Store? We wouldn't have a record of that, but that's ok - you can still get a license for the Windows version at a discount by entering your 1Password 3 for Mac license code on our upgrade site.

If you have more questions about your current license or options for getting a license for the Windows version, please send an email to support+licenses@agilebits.com in case we need any information (like an email address, receipt, etc) that shouldn't be posted on these public forums. If you do that, you can also include a link to this forum discussion and your forum username so we can "connect the dots" when we see your email. :)

This discussion has been closed.