sync problem between two macs and ios

krathdog
krathdog
Community Member

I just noticed a password I saved on one mac was not showing up on my other mac nor on my iphone. The mac and iphone that didn't receive the password both have 765 items in the All Items category of the Primary vault. The mac on which I saved the password only has 729 items. I noticed that the mac with 729 items was running version 6.2.1 so I upgraded it to 6.3.1 to match the other mac but that made no difference. They are all syncing over icloud. They all say they synced within the last minute. How can this be?

In my iCloud manage storage I see two 1password entries, but I'm pretty sure one of them is for the older version of 1password, since it has the older icon, and its size is half of the one with the new icon. I don't know how to confirm this, since apple doesn't give them timestamps, and all the descriptive information is the same, so all I have to go on is the icon and the size.

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: 4.5.6
OS Version: OS X 10.11.5
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:sync problem

Comments

• krathdog
    krathdog
    Community Member

Another thing I just found is that on the mac with 729 items that is not syncing with my other mac or iphone, it has a password that was updated on Feb 29, 2016, which is not reflected on my other mac or iphone. So seems its been in this situation for a while.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @krathdog,

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having some issues with syncing your data between your devices! The first step to figure out what's going on here is to see if anything on this troubleshooting guide helps you: https://support.1password.com/icloud-troubleshooting/.
    I think you've tried some of the things, but there might be something there you had not seen :chuffed:

If that doesn't work, I'd like you to please do some testing for me and tell me what you find out. Can you please create a brand new test item on each of your 3 devices and see if it gets synced to any of the others? This will give us a better picture of the problem so we can get it fixed!

Please let us know what you find out so we can get 1Password back in sync! :chuffed:

• krathdog
    krathdog
    Community Member

Thank you! From troubleshooting page, turns out the mac that wouldn't sync did not have iCloud Drive turned on. Not sure how I got it into that state. I didn't think to check it since the 1Password Preferences Sync tab says Sync Primary vault with iCloud and has status of Last synced: 1 minute ago, so I assumed that the connection to iCloud was functional. Anyways, thanks again!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

That's great news, I'm glad the troubleshooting guide helped you solve that! Thanks for letting us know what the problem turned out to be.

Hopefully you're all set now, but if you have more questions or need anything else, we're here for you. Have a great weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.