New user to add 1password to Mac/iphone/ipad together

gwhizz
gwhizz
Community Member

I decided to install 1password on all my devices (mac, iPhone, iPad). Is there an effective order to do this in, or considerations I should have in mind at outset in terms of setting up effectively (I'm not very techy & Ive been putting this off for ages so was just reaching out to find a user friendly way to get on with it ; )

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @gwhizz,

I'm glad to hear that you're taking the plunge into setting up syncing for 1Password! You can pick between iCloud and Dropbox, but given that all your devices are from Apple, I think iCloud would be the easiest for you. If you do decide to sync with iCloud it's recommended to set up your Mac first and then your mobile devices. You can find the detailed instructions of how to set up iCloud sync here: https://support.1password.com/sync-with-icloud/

Please let us know how this goes for you, and if you bump into any issues, please don't hesitate to ask :chuffed:

• gwhizz
    gwhizz
    Community Member

Hi @Pilar

thanks. would i need more than 5gb storage - last time i looked icloud had a limit for free use. Assume Im not putting a lot of docs on right now, just passwords. how long does set up 1password usually take?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @gwhizz,

Your 1Password data isn’t going to take up a lot of space, unless you do add a lot of attachments to your items, so the free iCloud account should be more than enough for you here.

And setup of 1Password should be fairly quick as well. Our support pages have a great walkthrough that can take you through all the necessary steps. As Pilar mentions, it’s probably easiest to set things up on your Mac first:

Set up 1Password on your Mac

Set up 1Password for iOS to use existing data

If any of those instructions don’t make sense, please let us know - we’re here to help!

This discussion has been closed.