How to remove Notes from 1Password mini

hosh
hosh
Community Member

Hi there,

I recognize there is already a similar question here: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/23823/4-3-how-to-remove-notes-from-1password-mini but my question is different.

I'd like to disable access to Secure Notes from 1password mini without removing it entirely. Most of my secure notes are things like backup authenticator codes, or keys related to production deploy. The are not used often, and I'd like the option of having to bring up the main 1password app to gain access to it.

I seem to remember there was a way to do that, but now I cannot find it and I am not sure if I remember this correctly. Please help.

1Password Version: 6.3 (630032)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.11.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @hosh,

Thanks for writing in about this!

I don't believe there has ever been an option to exclude an entire item category from 1Password mini. However, when we first released1Password 4 for Mac a few years ago, Secure Notes weren't supported in 1Password mini so they didn't appear there until we added support for them in an update. I'm not sure if that's what you're thinking of though, because that wasn't a setting.

If you'd like to prevent Secure Notes from appearing in 1Password mini, the only way to do that would be to edit one of those items in 1Password and change the 'display' option (near the bottom of the item details in edit mode) to Never display in browser. But you would need to do that for each Secure Note you don't want to appear in 1Password mini.

I hope that helps, but please let us know if you have other questions about that. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.