Enable exact match for website on logins

asbjornu
asbjornu
Community Member

This has been discussed elsewhere (1, 2, 3) in various forms, but I can't seem to find a conclusion and haven't seen what I'd like implemented suggested anywhere, so here goes:

Can you please add a checkbox to the "website" field that makes the URL matching exact? That way, it's possible to have different logins for the same domain with different subdomains, ports, etc. This needs to be configurable on a per-login basis, so turning off "Allow filling on pages that closely match saved websites" globally is not anywhere near a solution. I want 99% of my logins to do close match, but some (like Slack, which uses subdomains for different teams with different credentials) need exact match to work properly.

Can you please consider implementing this in a future version of 1Password?

Thanks!

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: 4.5.6.90
OS Version: 10.11.5
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @asbjornu ,

Website matching is obviously a popular topic here, and it is something that we are very interested in doing right. After all, 1Password's power comes from quickly and correctly filling your information in on websites. It's what makes the app convenient, and what helps keep your data secure from phishing sites.

I would be happy to let our team know that this is something that is important to you! Thanks for sharing your thoughts. :)

This discussion has been closed.