Syncing between Mac and iPhone

Options
tommasocaria
tommasocaria
Community Member

I'm having a problem syncing between my mac and my iphone. I couldn't use icloud sync because i haven't the version downloaded from the app store on mac. So i tried using dropbox sync. The problem is that my mac sync anything in a .agilekeychain file, instead my phone in a .opvault file. That means the two files are not correlated. How can i solve that?

Comments

• rjh
    rjh
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @tommasocaria
    Sorry to hear that you're having sync problems.
    Try the following:

• Go to 1Password settings/Backup and create a backup by clicking Backup Now.
    • Go to your Dropbox folder and drag the .agilekeychain file to your desktop (as a failsafe).
    • Go to 1Password settings/Sync and set "Sync Primary Vault with" 'None'
    Disable Sync by choosing 'None', but do NOT check 'Delete date from Dropbox.
    • Now reset 1Password to sync with Dropbox and choose your 1Password folder.

1Password should now display that it is syncing with the 1Password.opvault and your phone and Mac should be in sync.

Should this fail, drag your .agilekeychain back into your Dropbox and reset the sync until an AgileBits staff member can help out.
    Hope this works for you,
    Rob

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tommasocaria,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some trouble setting sync up. It sounds like you'd prefer to be syncing via iCloud, which would in fact be the easiest solution between two Apple devices. It used to be true that only the Mac Appstore version could be synced via iCloud, but that's not the case anymore! Even if you have the AgileBits store version you can pick this option now. You can find the detailed instructions to set it up here: https://support.1password.com/sync-options/#icloud.

Please let us know how this goes for you, if you bump into any issue don't hesitate to ask! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.