High battery consumption

Options
jamomostert
jamomostert
Community Member

I use the app Battery Doctor to monitor the power consumption on my iPhone. I noticed that 1pw is always number 1 in power usage. Number two is Facebook. Why is the app consuming soo much power?

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @jamomostert

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

What does the built-in battery percentage monitor (in the Settings app under Battery) say? For me 1Password isn't even listed in the top 8.

Ben

• jamomostert
    jamomostert
    Community Member
    Options

It says 5%, Facebook 51%. But in Battery Doctor it is reported in mAh/min. 1PW used 9.68 mAh/min, while Facebook used 5.53 mAh/min. That is different than what is reported in the battery settings, which give an indication of the usage so far, not per minute.

• Ben
    Options

I would believe the accuracy of the built-in battery monitor over a 3rd party app's report.

But possible explanations for bursts of battery usage would be syncing, or resolving sync conflicts, both of which should be short lived processes but may take a fair amount of processing power while running.

Sorry I don't have a more specific answer to offer.

Ben

• jamomostert
    jamomostert
    Community Member
    Options

Ok Ben, sounds logical. Thanks fir taking the time for an answer.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of Ben, you are quite welcome! :)

Have a great weekend. :+1:

• quztwiok
    quztwiok
    Community Member
    Options

Hi folks,

I'd just like to bump this thread to add a request that a bit of development work go into getting iOS battery usage down. Of course, there's a certain amount of math that has to happen to make 1Password work, so I'm sure you're a bit limited in what can be done. But I just did a look at my battery usage, and for the past 7 days 1Password used 75% of the total usage (iOS battery in settings). You could argue this reflects what a boring person I am, but -- 75%! And that's not just a one-off, 1Password being above 50% is pretty standard. So days when I go through most of my battery I looked up a lot of passwords! This is ancient hardware (4S, hopefully to be remedied soon) but fully up-to-date iOS and 1Password. So work to get usage down (make-the-UI-more-boring option, optimizing calculations) would be appreciated; thanks!

• Ben
    Options

Hi @quztwiok,

Wow! Those numbers do seem quite high. Are you making extensive use of 1Browser? If not I suspect you may have a number of conflicts 1Password is trying to resolve, or some other issue that is taking up a lot of processing power. As such I'd like to see a diagnostic report from 1Password on your iPhone.

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you.

For reference I use 1Password a lot. I'm in and out of it all day, as you might imagine. It isn't even listed on the battery usage display in Settings for me on my iPad, and on my iPhone it shows 4% today and 1% over the last 7 days.

Thanks very much!

Ben

• quztwiok
    quztwiok
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,

Thanks for looking into this! I've sent the diagnostic report, the support ID is [#BKL-21686-578]. I never use 1Browser, so that shouldn't be the issue.

Thanks again, and let me know if you need more info!

• Ben
    Options

Thanks @quztwiok

We've received the report. We'll be reviewing it ASAP and will get back to you via email. :)

Ben

ref: BKL-21686-578

This discussion has been closed.