1Password 6 Shortcut doesn't work in Chrome

MikeT
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows
This discussion was created from comments split from: Chrome Extension not working.

Comments

• Baby_Shamu
    Baby_Shamu
    Community Member

I have the same problem on my windows machine only that in my case the shortcut doesn't work either. I just sent an Email with the logs.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Baby_Shamu: I'm not seeing anything in our system under this address, but if you'll post the Support ID you received we'll take a look. Thanks in advance! :)

• Baby_Shamu
    Baby_Shamu
    Community Member

@brenty I didn't receive a Suppot ID ticket

• Baby_Shamu
    Baby_Shamu
    Community Member

@brenty just got it now

JFL-43897-282

• Hi @Baby_Shamu,

I've split your posts from the other thread as your changelog shows that you're using 1Password 6 Beta, which works differently from 1Password 4.

In 1Password 6, we don't have Control + \ assigned yet, it is currently assigned to Control + Alt + \ and it only works when you're on the login page of the site that you have an existing Login item for. Please try that shortcut and let me know it works.

• Baby_Shamu
    Baby_Shamu
    Community Member

Hi @MikeT,
    It doesn't work. Is it preferred that I use 1Password 4?

• Hi @Baby_Shamu,

Does it fill your data when you click on the 1Password icon in Chrome? If not, can you tell me which anti-malware solution you're using?

1Password 4 doesn't support 1Password.com accounts, so you do need to stick with 1Password 6 Beta if you need access to your 1Password.com data.

ref: JFL-43897-282

• Baby_Shamu
    Baby_Shamu
    Community Member
    edited July 2016

Hi @MikeT,
    I use Norton Internet Security. Any how I downgraded to 1password 4 on my Windows machine and sync my password via dropbox. Now everything works including the chrome extension.

• Hi @Baby_Shamu,

I'm glad to hear it is working correctly with 1Password 4.

We suspect the next update to 1Password 6 Beta may help in this matter as we're making adjustment that should improve this.

• jashansen
    jashansen
    Community Member

@MikeT I'm now using a 1Password account due to the new subscription plans. I know 1Password 6 for Windows is in beta and the auto-fill works with CTRL + ALT + \, but I have to hit Enter unlike on the Mac or when I was using 1Password 4 for Windows. Is this a known issue? Thank you.

• Hi @jashansen,

Yes, the auto-submit feature hasn't been implemented yet in 1Password 6 Beta.

• jashansen
    jashansen
    Community Member

Ok, thank you.

• You're welcome. A lot of updates are coming soon to improve the extension experience.

This discussion has been closed.