Not working on "tvnow.de"?

Options

Hello,

I think that 1Password on Mac is not working properly with filling out forms on "tvnow.de". You can have a try yourself with dummy credentials or just register for free. It fills out not only the login form - but also the search form and send it. It sends also if I set "Never send" in entry.

Can you help?

Best Regards

1Password Version: 6.3.2
Extension Version: 4.5.8
OS Version: El Capitan
Sync Type: ?

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2016
    Options

Hi @SebTM,

Are you quite sure the form is being sent even when you set submit to never send? The reason I ask is I've taken a peek and everything seems to be linked to the filling of the search field. If we put 1Password to one side for a moment try the following.

1. Visit http://www.tvnow.de/
    2. Click the button to bring up the login form.
    3. Fill the fields with any text but don't click the Einloggen button.
    4. Type something into the search field.

As soon as the search field is touched the site closes the login form so both issues seem to come back to us incorrectly filling the search field. If we don't touch the field the form doesn't disappear, which is what I think you might be mistaking the submit for.

Thankfully the correction we need to make seems simple enough. We have a variety of clues that help identify certain fields and their uses. The reason we're messing up here is the clue isn't aware of German. If I add the German word for search to the clues we work. Now the bad news is this simple fix may take a while before it's in a stable version of 1Password I'm afraid simply due to all the beta testing that has to go on. I see nothing that should stop this being in a future version though so we should eventually work correctly here and better recognise search fields on any German website to properly ignore them too.

The only workaround I've found sadly (beyond copy and paste) is to fill once and let the current version of 1Password wrongly fill the search field. If you bring up the login form again 1Password won't touch the search field this time because it already holds the data it incorrectly wants to add there. This second time the login form will not just fill like before but stay visible allowing the form to be correctly submitted. It's not a great workaround by any means and you will probably prefer copy and paste. The real fix will have to come from us.

ref: BRAIN-293

• SebTM
    SebTM
    Community Member
    Options

Hello,

sorry for the delay. You are right, the problem is that 1Password touchs the search-field. I hope that it will not take extremly long until the update will be published. Could you give me a timeframe?

Best Regards

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @SebTM,

Unfortunately I'm unable to offer any sort of time frame. It isn't that we're not taking this seriously or have any intention of ignoring it. In fact we have proposed a change that will help here but this is just step 1 of many. All I can say with any form of confidence is we will do better at some point, I just can't say when. Sorry about that.

This discussion has been closed.