To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

How do I import my Dropbox synced older 1Password vault into my new 1Password account?

I set up a new 1Password account to sync across all my devices. How can I import my older Dropbox synced 1Password vault into my new account?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Import DropBox synced 1Password vault to new 1Password account

Comments

• Hi @benrosenzweig

Thanks for taking the time to write in. We have a guide on that available here:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• benrosenzweig
    benrosenzweig
    Community Member

Hi, this unfortunately doesn't seem to answer my comment. Doesn't seem to be a way listed to import a vault saved in Dropbox (1Password.agilekeychain folder) into the new 1Password account. How can I do this?

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @benrosenzweig,

At the moment you won't be able to directly import 1Password data from an Agile Keychain or OPVault (e.g. your 1Password.agilekeychain in Dropbox) into your 1Password account.

After setting up that 1Password.agilekeychain to sync with Dropbox you'll be able to move the data with instructions in the guide Ben referred to:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

Hopefully that goes smoothly for you, and be sure to let us know if and where you run into any trouble with it. Please also mention which specific version(s) of 1Password you're using on which platform(s):

Find your version of 1Password, the extension, or your operating system

Thanks!

• FogCityNative
    FogCityNative
    Community Member

I read this and I understand how to copy an item from my iPhone into my Personal Accoumt Vault. But I have 1,064 items I want to move and I am travel;ing and away from my Mac. It would seem the one and only way to move an existing Dropbox Vault to an Account is from a Mac?

Why on earth didn't you guys make it easy and allow Accounts to import my synced Dropbox data and get it all at once??

I won't be back to my Mac for a week.

• It would seem the one and only way to move an existing Dropbox Vault to an Account is from a Mac?

Or one at a time from iOS. Yep.

Why on earth didn't you guys make it easy and allow Accounts to import my synced Dropbox data and get it all at once??

Sorry. It is definitely on the roadmap, we just haven't been able to do so yet.

I won't be back to my Mac for a week.

With that many items it may be worth waiting to return to your Mac before migrating. You'll want to make all of the relevant changes on your Mac as well anyway (signing into your account, removing existing local vaults, etc).

Ben

This discussion has been closed.